Chapter 1

It was the first day of December. All the houses of Stone Hall Village were filled with joy but in a few moments one of these houses was about to be fillied with sadness and sorrow.

Hazel a seven year old girl was playing with her toys waiting for her parents when she heard somebody knocking on her bedroom door. To her surprise it was her parent's partner Matthew behind him Hazel's aunt Molly crying.

(A/N: Picture of her room at the top.)

"Auntie where's mommy and daddy?" Hazel asked looking for her parents.

"Hazel your parents aren't coming back." Matthew said sorrow in his voice.

"What do you mean?" Hazel asked not wanting to know the answer.

"Your parents are gone." Matthew replied.

Hazel felt like she was going to numb. Her parents brave, strong Monster Hunters weren't coming back.

"I'm so sorry Hazel." Matthew said tears in the corner of his eyes.

"Claws your parents were brave Hunters." Molly said using Hazel's nickname as she kneeled down to her.
______________________________________

After that day Molly wouldn't let Hazel out after sunset. 'I don't want you to get hurt.' she would tell her every time Hazel asked her why she wouldn't let her out.

(A/N: Picture of Hazel and Molly)

Hazel Abernathy

Molly (A/N: Ignore the backpack)

Hazel didn't have many friends either since everybody in her village thought that being a Monster Hunter or even having contact with one would give you and your family bad luck.

Now Hazel came home before sunset and helped Molly prepare dinner as usual.

"So how was your day Claws?" Molly asked with her usual smile.

"Same as yesterday and the day before that, and the day before that." Hazel drowned on.

"Well then you should get some sleep." Molly suggested.