Nightmare in the Graveyard

Falling, I'm falling. Spiraling out of control, plummeting to an obvious fate. Death. The question was, what lies below? But it never ends, never stops. I never find out what lies at the foot of my fate. I can never tell in this vivid nightmare, what it is.

As I continue to hurdle downwards, flashes of my distant and not so distant past go by me. I'm reliving my first time cutting. Remembering the news of my father's death. The neglect from my mother. The times where my brothers and I had hated each other passed as well. But towards the end, was the newest edition of painful memories.

Fighting, Tristan and I. It went farther than the few fights we've had, adding more and more scenarios to my mind. Making me wonder what I did to deserve this torture, the pain. A flash of Tristan being stabbed, not only by someone, but by me caught my attention and i attempted to shriek.

Only, no noise came out. I started to suffocate, choking myself by breathing. The air began to freeze and I began to sweat, panic flooding through me. Now I fell, barely breathing. All of the memories flashing one last distorted picture before my eyes. Just as I felt like the bottom was closing it, the world stopped and I was left to face blackness.

I shot out of bed, panting, gasping for air. Welcoming the tears of fear, I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. Also, pulling the blanket around my shoulders and resting my head on my knees -- I began to think. Think about anything and everything, good and bad, that has happened to me. Something that made an impact on my life.

Sighing, I lay my head back down on my pillow, curling up in a ball. With my blanket on top of me, I attempted to get more sleep but it just didn't come. I just stayed there, still as a rock, waiting for sunrise. Once the rays of sunlight peeked through the trees, just over the horizon outside the window, I got up and dressed.

Feeling lazy, I just put on a pair of grey baggy sweatpants with a white New York City t-shirt. Adding my grey and yellow tennis shoes, I left my hair down and curly and went downstairs. I quickly ate breakfast and walked down the street.

Picking up a dozen yellow tulips on my way from the flower shop, I smelled them, "Mmm," I sighed peacefully to myself. The flowers and the bright sunny morning helped keep my mind off of where I was going and about my nightmare from last night.

Once I reached the locked gates, I sat down on the bench and waited. There were ravens flying overhead, singing their otherworldly tunes. I watched the swift movement of their wings, the way they just sliced through the air.

The ravens glided over top of the trail, and one perched on top of the shut gate doors. It began to sing a seven tune melody that gave off an eerie feeling. Like it was an oman, warning me that today wasn't the right day.

Finally, an old woman hobbled her way over and unlocked the gates. She gave a sad smile and hobbled away, towads and old rickety house that was known as haunted. I knew better though, I actually felt bad for the poor old woman. With all of those rumors about her house and all.

Standing up, I took in a big breath and looked up. Where the bird continued to sing, in big, eerie, bold letters, it was written clearly.

Cemetery.

I took one last deep breath and began my walk in, taking familiar twists and turns through the old graveyard. I passed my grandparents' graves, side by side. I passed my father's grave, only giving it a glance. I walked all the way to the very last grave in the cemetery.

Kneeling down, I placed the bouquet of tulips next to the headstone. A small tear trickled down my face and I let it fall, dripping onto the ground where the body was burried. I sniffled and read the headstone and her iscription.

Lilian Angel.

2003-2012

Forever Loved

and Adored,

Lily the Angel

Will Forever be

In Our Hearts.

Clapping my hand over my mouth, I let the tears fall. The ones that I've bottled up over her for so long, I finally let them out. For once in a long time, I let myself let out my emotions through tears, instead of pain and blood.

"Rest in paradise, Lily," I whisper, about to stand up.

As I stand up, I hear footsteps lightly padding across the gravel path. Turning around, I tilt my head up and look straight into his eyes.

"Annalise?" Tristan questioned me. I gulped and gave him a sad smile.

"Yeah..."