Chapter 1: New Case

Aaliyah's POV:

I woke up to Samira yelling for me. I got out of bed to find out about what she wanted. I was too tired to get beat up again.

" Oh! So now you can hear me huh?" Samira asked.

" I'm sorry I had stayed up late last night." I replied.

" I don't care what you did last night. Whose going to make breakfast? I can't be a slave of this house. Go get to work RIGHT NOW!" Samira demanded.

" I will do that right now. I'm sorry." I said

I walked into the kitchen to make breakfast. Once I was done with that I went to get ready for work.  Outfit:

While walking to my car I meet my neighbor, Sana.

" Hey, Aaliyah, how's your dad doing now?" Sana asked

" He's the same Sana." I replied with watery eyes.

"Don't worry he will get better. Have faith in god." Sana replied.

"Thank you so much." I said while getting into my car.

In the office:

I was working on a cse when Amira walked into my office and said the boss wanted to see me.

I walked into my boss's office.

" Yes boss, you asked for me." I asked.

" Yes, this case here is on Team 07 and I want you to handle this. Got it?" Boss said.

" Yes Boss." I replied.

" They are coming in tomorrow for a meeting be prepared." Boss said.

I nodded and walked out of the office. Once I was in my office, I looked into the report. From my point of view I think that Team 07 isn't at fault. I worked overnight to gather some information and plan out a press conference for them. Samira called me multiple times but I decided to not answer it at all. I drove to the hospital to see dad.

"Hi dad, I hope your doing better now." I said.

"I feel better don't worry about me. Now tell me what's with that bruise on your hand?" Dad asked.

"Oh that I was carrying a box of files down the stairs & tripped that's all. Forget about that." I said.

"Alright,but be safe next time okay." Dad said.

"I will be more careful now don't worry. Did you take your medications though?" I asked.

"Yes I did don't worry they take good care of me here." Dad replied. After awhile I decided to go home after dad went to sleep.

As soon as I entered the house, Samira pulled me by my armand slapped me across the face.

" Where have you been? I called you so many times WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER!!?" Samira yelled.

" I just was in a meeting at work." I replied scared of her.

" OH, really I didn't know you worked at the hospital." Samira said.

" I just went to see dad that's all." I said in tears.

She didn't listen to me and started to beat me up. She kicked me until my stomach a couple times & walked out. I laid there helpless until I regained the energy to get up and walk to my room. I didn't even have the energy to change so I went straight to sleep.