Numbness

It was as if she couldn't feel herself anymore. Her blood ran cold. Her body numb. She could feel her emotions swirling wild. 

How amusing right? Similarly how annoying? How a simple article could change one's life right?

That is how Sky Granger felt at that moment. 

Just think if one wakes up one morning to expect a normal life but by a miracle happens to read the newspaper which they never usually do and the article on the cover page turns out to be a life changing point for that person.

That is what happened to Sky Granger at that moment.

Maggie Rose has disappeared? 

A Tenebrous Presence Looms?

It was exactly like what happened 12 years back. 

No it couldn't. 

Unwanted Flashbacks. Long suppressed memories. 

All long forgotten came surfacing back.

Unconsciously her hands started shaking. The cup of coffee that she had cheerily made to start her day was long forgotten on the coffee where it was kept before the newspaper replaced it in her hand. She shakily sat on the L-shaped leather sofa. The night vividly running in her mind.

Before she could drown herself any further, the doorbell saved her. 

She again stood up. Her legs not supporting her. She very cautiously one step after another as if she was a toddler again was walking without a support for the first time towards the door.

She looked through the peep hole only to find her brother standing on the other side. She released a breathe she didn't even know she was holding. She swung the door open to let her brother enter. 

She tried putting on a grin but failed miserably and settled for a fake smile.

"Stop with that smile, would ya?" Her brother said after giving her a single glance. But she raised her eyebrows trying to play innocent, "Too fake for your own good."  

She was caught.

"Guess what?"

"What?" She humored him to reduce the already thick tension settling in air.

"I happen to have come across a messenger from your college during my jog and your college happens to be closed today. He was heading towards our home..."

His words were falling on deaf ears. She was already in her own world after hearing the first two lines. This morning couldn't get any more weird. She was already getting a head ache and it was not even 7:30.

"... I wonder why? Are you even listening?" Tyson called to her sister.

"Oh! Yes! Yeah I am." She broke out of her trance yet again.

"No you're not. Stop lying. I said i wonder why the school was closed today. And Harvest Festival is also a month away. Good for you." Tyson joked but immediately straightened himself.

"Get to the point Sky." He said in a serious tone and caught her full attention for the first in the one-sided conversation. 

But not because of his tone. She couldn't care less about the wordings. 

But because of the Sky. He never called her SKY

IT WAS ALWAYS LITTLE SIS OR SIS.

Sky wanted to talk to him. She had a lot to say but a single word didn't come out. She simply pointed towards the newspaper. Tyson picked up the newspaper as if it was ticking time bomb which it was atleast in Sky's eyes. A bomb that had already blasted and had torn open an old but already painful wound.