7.2

Avengers: Endgame - Chapter Two: "The Invisible Plane"

   "DIANA, where did you get this technology?" Rocket marvelled at the sight of the plane. It was around the same size as the Benatar, but sleek and new. It was a possession of Diana's she hadn't touched in years.

"I made it myself when I was a child." She replied, effortlessly flipping on every switch as though she knew it like the back of her hand. 

"Of course you did." Rocket mumbled, from the co-pilot's seat. 

"Uhm... When exactly was the last time you flew this thing?" Rhodey questioned nervously, as they flew out of Earth's atmosphere, reaching space.

"One hundred years ago, give or take." She replied, causing Rocket to cackle.

"This is perfect!" He chuckled. Turning around he looked at the rest of the avengers, wondering who was going to vomit first.

"Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" He asked, causing Rhodey, Nat and Steve to raise their hands. Carol chuckled, knowing it was going to be one hell of a journey for the three.

"What?" Rhodey asked once he saw the amused look Carol had sent him.

"Unless you want to face her wrath, you better not throw up on this ship." Rocket said, causing Bruce to gulp and grip his seat harder, if possible. Nebula glanced towards Diana who sent her a nod, confirming she was ready for the jump.

"Approaching jump in 3... 2... 1!" Nebula yelled, causing everyone to grip their seats in preparation.

The ship jumped forward into a wormhole, a beautiful frenzy of colours flashing before everybody's eyes. Diana turned her head to Steve whose wide eyes were filled with exhilaration. He saw Diana looking, and sent her an excited smile full of disbelief at what he was seeing for the first time. She managed to smile back before turning back to the wheel. 

As the ship slowed down, Diana activated the invisibility cloak, causing each panel on the ship to slowly camouflage with it's surroundings. 

Noticing everyones slightly nervous or tense looks, an idea popped inside of Diana's head.

"Want to see something cool?" Diana asked, turning back to the rest of the ship. Everybody nodded except Rhodey who looked sick.

"No." He muttered, holding his hand over his mouth.

Diana smirked slightly, opening a panel at the roof of the controls and pressing a small red button. Immediately, everything inside the ship began to turn invisible, leaving just the view of space to see. Bruce gasped out loud, trying to jump from his seat as Rhodey cried out.

"Oh God!"

"Bruce, relax. Everything is exactly where it was before, you just can't see it." 

He began to calm down slightly, as his eyes began to appreciate the sight before him. It was so calming, a sight none of the avengers have ever gotten to witness before. The stars were so apparent in the sky, the dust filled rings around the planet sparkling as it neared so close to the ship. Before the avengers could stare for too long, Diana quickly pressed the button again, having remembered every inch of the ship so clearly that she would have no problem flying blindfolded.