Dragon Races

Prologue

It's the year 4013 a scientist had discover dragons about 409 years ago. And since then the dragon races have taken place starting with the town races moving on to the city races to the state races and the country races and finally the world races. If your the lucky person who wins the world races, you become one of the richest dragon riders and most well known in the world. Every 10 years the 10 winners from the past years come together to compete. And whoever wins that will be given so much money that their great great great grandchildren won't be able to use it all.

Chapter one

The Two Races

It was Sunday the first day of the dragon races I've been practicing with my dragon Dimian. Ever since I lost the state races last year but this year was going to be different I was going to win. I went to my dragon's pen in the dragon's stable. My dragon, who was about a foot taller and 5 feet longer than a horse, looked at me then came running over. His black scales and red stripes made me smile.

'Hello small one. Are you ready to leave?'

'Yes lets get going,' I replied to him.

I patted his nose, grabbed his saddle and dragon bridle.

"Mom! Me and Dimian are going to races!" I yelled to my mom.

"Alright right sweetie I'll be there soon,"my mom called back.

I climbed Dimian's leg and perched myself on the saddle and strapped in my legs. We flew off towards the races. When we got there it looked like there were more than last year.

'Wow,'said Dimian.

I saw my best friend Cassie.

"Yeah! Cassie, are you racing this year?" I asked her.

"Yeah me and DiamondFire are gonna crush everyone, we've been training for three years now,"she said.

"Oh really. Well I've been training with Dimian ever since he was old enough to be ridden which was seven years I think we're going to crush you," I told her.

"Well, the three winners go to the city races. So we're going to the city" she told me. We talked about who was going to beat who and then I said good bye warmed up Dimian, and went to get in line for registration.

"Name?" The girl asked.

"Uh, Maddie Rogers."I said.

"Age?"the girl said.

"Thirteen."I replied.

"Alright, you're checked in, go get in line to be assigned your colors."she told me

I walked with Dimian. 'They treat us like dress up dolls' Dimian told me.

"I know but don't let it bother you" I reassured him.

When we got to the line we waited about half an hour.

"We're going to paint your dragon's stripes yellow," the guy told me.

Dimian waited patiently while the guy painted him. I went to the dragon stalls to fix up Dimian, it was hard though with the paint on him.

"There, were finally done," I said.

"Good now we just have to race, I'm not a dolly any more." Dimian said eagerly.

My stomach was filled with butterflies I was probably the most nervous girl there.

"Welcome! To the 94th Annual Dragon Races!"The announcer said.

He went over names and all the dragons colors then he explained all the rules, I already knew them because I've been here at least four times.

"And now ladies and gentlemen the DRAGON RACES!!!" The announcer yelled.

"On your mark, get set," I waited my stomach filled to the brim with butterflies.

"GO!!!" He yelled.

I didn't even need to tell Dimian to go. He just kicked up to a slow run but to everyone else he was going as fast as there fast run. That's because he's was a lightning dragon so he had an advantage. There were three laps of running then the gate opened to a larger area where we would do 7 laps of flying. We were half way round, when I saw Cassie I gave her my evil smile she smiled back. DiamondFire was painted black with blue stripes that suited her well. I told Dimian to go harder. He went zooming off but then I saw my enemy, Imogene Clark. She was a stuck up jerk. She caught up to me by a little. I urged Dimian on again. He went even faster. I was on my last lap I could hear Dimian's breathing getting heavy.

'Can you make it bud?' I asked him worriedly.

'Once we fly, I'll be just fine,' he replied.

I could see the gate. I was sweating hoping that Imogene wouldn't get in front of me. I was so close to the gate. We made it to the gate first and it swung open to an even bigger track. Dimian took flight his wing muscles flexing smoothly. His breathing slowed slightly. He sped onward buffeting the others behind us with air. Imogene started coming up behind me.

'Come on bud we got this!'

I spotted the line on our last lap. I was neck and neck with Imogene. The line drew closer, I crossed it I had won.

"THE WINNER IS MADDIE RODGERS!!!" The announcer yelled.

I pulled Dimian to a halt.

"Whatever. Knights wasn't doing his best, and he was soo lazy this morning," Imogene said.

Knights growled at her. She then walked away

"Well there's Imogene for ya, blames everything on something else, she just can't face the facts that it was her fault,"I said to Cassie.

"No kiddin she always blames it on you, me, or her dragon,"Cassie said.

"Oh my gosh like what's your problem Cassie you invaded my like personal bubble like get out know or ill like hire someone to like beat you up," I said acting like Imogene.

Me and Cassie laughed at that.

"Did you get second or third?" I asked Cassie.

"Yeah third, Imogene got in front of me but not to far ahead,"Cassie said hanging her head low.

We talked I went to the middle of the winners square and i was announced the winner and given a big golden trophy told we're the town were I was next to race in. And so was Imogene and Cassie.

--------------------------------------------- I really hope you guys liked my first chapter of you do like it fan me vote.:D