1. Pilot

A/N: Yes hello, there's a lot of dialogue in this so beware! Next chapter will be more action instead of talk, talk, talk and talk. Best read on mobile! Enjoy <3
(p.s it's the first chapter so it doesn't have to be that long, right? 👀)

Plop!

Chloe stared at the thin paper and then glanced up at the perfectly sculpted smug face of Lucifer bloody Morningstar. "What's this...?" The detective questioned, picking up the paper and reading the small cursive text. "I, Lucifer Morningstar; the Devil himself, invite you to my own private island," He said with a genuine smile creeping on his face. "Hah, nice try. The fake ticket looks pretty legit though, I'll give you that." She shrugged him off and continued working on the paperwork her partner never seemed to care about. "What? No, I'm serious! I just thought that, you, my lovely detective, need a break from all this impossibly boring paperwork." He snatched the papers she was about to sign to put it on another officer's desk, while Chloe let out a shriek in protest,  "Hey!" "I've already convinced Olivia to give you a one week break. Come on, it'll be fun!" He pouted and gave her those puppy dog eyes, something Trixie probably taught him. "What? Okay, no, you're probably gonna use this as some way to get me to go on a stupid date with you. Come on, I know you're stacked but not enough to own an island." Lucifer didn't say anything, just stared at her intently while glancing over at the ticket occasionally. "You're serious...? You really do own a private island?" She grabbed the ticket again to re-read it. "And you get to it by your own private jet..." "I told you, detective, the Devil doesn't lie." He raised his eyebrows, "So, what do you say?" He leaned forward towards the desk, something he usually did when he wanted to act like he's actually interested in all those silly documents Chloe was signing.

"Well I mean, there's Trixie, and L.A needs me... You know? A lot of bad things can happen in seven days." She was intrigued, but she had so many responsibilities. Being a mother, a homicide detective with the best solve rate in L.A, she never really took a moment to pause and all she did was kept going. Maybe she does need this break. "Your offspring is invited, I'm sure the little urchin will agree to come anywhere I go, and, there is a guy who owes me a favour in Vegas. He has a pretty great solve rate, no better than yours, of course." He was trying to sweet mouth Chloe and she knew it. But being alone, in a private island with this undeniably handsome perv who had tried to get into her pants on multiple occasions -and actually had a chance at it before randomly getting married to a stripper-? Chloe would have had to be super wasted to agree. "It sounds incredible, but I'll pass, thanks. It's a bit weird for work partners to be alone on a private island together." "Well, who said you were going alone, detective!" He said as he stared at the lab Ella was currently working in, the women noticed the piece of paper and her face immediately lit up. And he turned his glare towards Dan, who's face looked like he'd seen the Devil himself, but he's not wrong. Dan looked up and stared at Lucifer, he was clearly confused as to why in the damn world Lucifer invited him. They had a rivalry, after all. "So Dan and Ella are coming?" She sat back in her seat. "If they choose to, yes. But I've invited Mazikeen and the doctor as well, if you don't mind." He looked back at the detective. "I mean, of course, I don't mind," Chloe couldn't help but feel a teeny tiny, itsy bitsy tang of jealousy that she wasn't the only one that was invited, not that she'd agree to go alone with her daughter anyways. "I'll think about it." She said, standing up from her seat to retrieve the paperwork her partner had placed on another officer's desk.

𓃜

Chloe continued to stare blankly at the ticket. Sipping the coffee she had made, she picked up the piece of paper and bring it closer to her face, thinking that was going to make her make the darn decision quicker, don't ask me how. Her dirty blonde hair was down, bringing out her pale green eyes that almost looked blue (yes Lauren German has green eyes, not blue search it up), she never really understood the phrase "Perfect, blue-eyed blondie.", she didn't find herself the most attractive of people, she certainly put herself above average but like not those models on L.A's billboards. She made sure not to drink any alcoholic drinks so that she wouldn't make any drunken promises to Lucifer, which was especially hard since he was more of a pain in the ass than usual and she has had a long day.