Chapter 1

New York City; home to the Foot Clan. In truth, Y/n had considered moving because of it. She never wanted to get herself hurt, or worse, because of them.

"What is going on?" She muttered to herself as she looked at the piled up traffic. She leaned over the passenger seat, trying to see around the cars in front of hers. She saw several people rushing out of the subway. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She opened the driver door and climbed out, approaching a passing woman. "What's going on?" She questioned. The woman didn't stop to respond. Y/n's features settled into a frown as she turned, jogging to catch up to a running man. "What's going on?" She repeated.

"There's Foot down there!" He replied, rushing off. Y/n turned, looking at the entrance to the subway. It was then when a flash of yellow caught her eye. She almost couldn't believe her eyes at first, but there it was. A woman, wearing a yellow jacket, was running towards the danger. Y/n's eyes widened in concern and realization.

"Hey!!" She shouted, trying to get the woman's attention. She didn't respond. Y/n groaned, chasing after her. "Hey!" She shouted again, this time in almost a whisper. The girl turned around and held a finger up to her mouth.

"Shh!" She spoke quietly.

"What are you doing? Are you nuts?" Y/n hissed.

"I have to get this scoop." The woman replied. Y/n stared at her, dumbfounded.

"It's dangerous d- look out!" Y/n started. She ducked out of the way as a member of the foot clan approached. She grabbed the woman's arm, pulling her away. "What's your name, by the way?" Y/n asked as she tugged the woman through various posts.

"April. April O' Neal." She replied.

"Nice to meet you, April. I'm Y/n. And if I have anything to say about it, we'll survive this encounter." She spoke, turning to look behind her, checking for assailants. When she faced forward again, a Foot member stepped out from behind a wall, hitting her in the head with the back of his gun. April screamed. Y/n stood up, but was grabbed and drug away. She fought, but with the bang on her head, everything was a little fuzzy. She heard April's heeled boots hitting the floor quickly as she was pushed after her by another Foot.

The men threw them to the ground. "Nobody move!" He yelled. Y/n and April sat up, so they were less vulnerable. Y/n turned, seeing bombs lining the walls. She swallowed hard, trying to take deep breaths through the nose.

"We know you're out there! If you don't surrender, we start executing hostages!" A woman with red streaks in her black hair shouted. April silently pulled out her phone, trying to film. Y/n's eyes narrowed.

"April." She hissed quietly. The woman saw, though.

"You! Stand up!" She demanded, pulling out her gun and aiming it at the brunette.

"All aboard!!" An unfamiliar voice shouted. The woman shouted something, just before the lights went out. The subway train passed, and giant figures jumped from it. There were sounds of crashing, and people were being flown everywhere. April stood, trying to capture the moment on video.

Y/n stood up with her, staggering a bit from the head injury.

"Let's go! Let's move!" The voice yelled again. The lights came back on, showing that the figures had gone up a tarp for construction.

"They went up that way!" A woman informed.

"Some kind of freak!" A man exclaimed. "Flew right past me!"