Meeting Ethan

Emily was nervous for the first time in the past few months. John was the enemy after all. Going to his house felt like going inside lions den. She thought about the first day she had met Stan. Ethans real father. They were young. She was hungry. He gave her his sandwich. They were friends after that. She had to meet Ethan.

John saw the eagerness Emily had in her behavior. He knew she wanted to meet Ethan. He decided to play with her. Ethan deserved to know his family members. Emily was his Aunt after all.

John could not deny the attraction he was feeling towards Emily. He wanted her. He would make her want him too. She was the enemy so care had to be taken. John was always curious. Curiosity killed the cat they said. What if the cat killed it first.

Johns POV

Well these girls have played me! I will play them now. Lets see how desperate is she to meet Ethan!

“Emily its obvious that your family cannot be trusted. I need something in return for you meeting Ethan.”

Emily immediately agreed,“I understand your hesitation. I assure you that I am only concerned about him. And also pretty excited to meet him. He is afterall my sisters son.”

She was careful not to mention Stan in any way. John was not a fool. He noticed it as well. He was thankful that she decided to drop the topic for now. He noticed her demeanor towards him was nothing short of friendly and he admired this quality of hers.

Still, he wanted to have her at his mercy. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

He continued,“ Emily it would be wise if you met Ethan after a week. Lets get to know each other better and let me run the security runs. If i manage to trust you enough you will have any time access to Ethan... I also need to be sure that your background story is true. If not he is still my son. DNA test will be done soon.I need to protect him.”

They both knew the truth. Emily knew a new war wave was started. She felt it in her gut that John wouldn't hurt Ethan. But she had to make sure he was safe. A week was a very long time. John could disappear for months without trace. She could lose Ethan and disappoint her living family members. And she did care about the child. He was after all Stan's son. Emily had to think quick.

“John please. I have always been true to you. Even when you were Belles. Even when you were about to marry her. Even after you married her...I feel...I feel... something towards you”

Emily used it as a bait. She knew John would take the bait, he still needed information on Belle. Belle was safe. But how safe? How safe was she? She needed protection. Survival was the most important thing. Pride came second.

John knew it was a bait...better to get information with love instead of hate. He laughed,“Do you take me to be a fool my dear?”

Emily winced,“ Do I have a reason to lie? He might be my family but he's not my son. I care about him with all my heart. But I have cared about you for a very long time John. I didn't know you as you. I can't switch these feelings off in a day. You can ask me to prove and I will prove it to you.”

John was silent, so she went on,“ Let me show you what I am today and let me meet Ethan tomorrow.”

John agreed,“I have a condition.If you accept my proposal I will let you meet Ethan tomorrow”

John decided to ask her hand in marriage. Lets see wether she accepts that. She said she cares about him. If she does she will accept him. He would marry her and have the upper hand over the rival family. Nobody would hurt him than. He would be a good husband. She would have all the freedom in the world to pursue her ambitions. She was a fairly talented lady and she deserved to share it with the world.

To be continued...