In depth so far

Ashborne, my small childhood town that never changes or ever gets noticed. Which is exactly why after I graduated high school I went to a college out-of-town instead of the local community college. Which that decision was one of the best I have made in my life. But the only thing that made the town bearable was my childhood best friend who also happened to be my neighbor, Adeline. So from diapers to high school graduates its always been us, we have always been the unstoppable pair of Adeline and Mia. I grew up being average height, with a nerdy personality, brunette hair, and light green eyes I did not stand out in my school but I did not exactly blend in either. I may have not done sports for the school but I still was athletic. I did not see a point in being on the team when all we did was lose and I am better at academics anyway. Adeline, however, was captain of the cheer and volleyball team but also played for the softball team. So I hung out with the jocks since that was her crowd and that is what made my life boring. All they did was throw lame parties that were just sad excuses for them to get drunk any day of the week. Everyone knows that egotistical male and female jocks who are drunk to the point of passing out for the third time does not make for a good night. It also does not help that I am the designated sober driver every single time just because I do not like doing drugs or drinking until I throw up. My high school graduating class was not very big considering there was a reasonably sized majority was not graduating. I ended up as valedictorian which got me the scholarship that I needed to go to a college out of the town. If I did not get that scholarship, I have no idea what I would have done since my parents turned their backs on me as soon as I turned 18. That did not bother me though because growing up they were not very good at the parenting thing unless it was out in public. I never let that stop me from achieving my dreams of getting my Ph.D. in psychology and becoming a teacher.

My college years were crazy packed with studying and a couple of hookups along the way just to help me take a break every once in a while. But occasionally I would go to a party or two and that is where I met Jason. We started out as friends and built our way up to a relationship but from the start, he was supportive with my career choices and helped me every step of the way. We put our education first but still made time for each other, which meant a lot to me because it was important that we build our careers separately to be able to support one another in the end. As the years passed and we got our degrees we realized that soon we would be done with college and would have to figure out what our lives after it would be. A couple of weeks before graduation we sat down and talked about our future plans like where we are going to live and all the other important things. Then just as we agreed that my hometown would be a nice place to live, Jason went down on one knee and proposed. The timing of it was absolutely perfect and I could not see my future without him in it. Graduation came and went but it was okay because Jason and I were able to start a new chapter in our lives. Moving back to Ashborne was not an easy decision and I really cannot believe I let him talk me into it. Yet there we were standing on the porch of our new house and taking that leap into spending the rest of our lives together. After about three months we decided that it was best for us just to go down to the local courthouse and get married instead of spending a ton of money on a big wedding that would have not even twenty people show up. We did not go on a honeymoon either because Ashborne is a small town but it is quiet and peaceful so it was enough. Also with all that money set aside, we created a savings account for our future kids.

We got along with everyone great and a lot of people remembered me from when I used to live there. Everyone saw us as the perfect definition of a happily ever type of couple that is straight out of a fairytale book. When that really was not the case, I love Jason I really do but sometimes life just gets in the way and finds a way to mess things up. It was not hard for us to find jobs either at the high school for the place as teachers. But as the months past, I was happy with Jason but felt as if something from my life was missing. Then that is when it hit me, I just took my fifth pregnancy test and again it is negative. Maybe I should go visit the doctor sometime later in the week after I finish grading the never-ending stack of papers that I have.