Outline it is based off of

Drifting Secrets

He can't cheat anymore and neither can she. The small town of Ashborne is one where nothing happens. A place where everyone knows everyone and if you don't then you will within a few weeks. No matter what street or part of the town you are in there is always at least one smiling person. This secluded town is the perfect getaway or place for couples who want to settle down. Once people move here they don't want to leave. For both Mia and Adeline, this was the case. The two have both grown up here and been friends since elementary school. Although Mia did leave to attend a four-year university away from the town. She just couldn't help but give in to the urge that had her wanting to go back. With her return to her childhood town, she brought back a man named Jason. She met him during her first year of college, at a party that she was dragged to by her roommates. Ever since that moment, Jason has been a part of Mia's life. During their third year of college, the two got married. After graduating the two decided to move and settle down in Mia's hometown.

The first three months of being settled down in Ashborne were peaceful. Both Mia and Jason had well-paying jobs that don't interfere with time for them. In the eyes of the town, the two seemed like the definition of a perfect happily ever after. However, this was not the truth; and there was no way the town could know what happens within the walls of their home. Just like all couples they argue and have fights where objects are thrown at walls. Lately, the arguments have been about why Jason has stayed out so late and so often. Times have been hard on them both ever since six months into living in this small town. Mia went to the doctor because she was concerned by the fact that she was not pregnant. That was the moment where everything for her had fallen apart. She did not believe the first doctor and visited two others. They told her the exact same six words." you are unable to have children..." Just hearing the three doctors repeat the same thing even with the hope that they are wrong, completely crushed her.

Jason was devastated when he heard this news. A week after the news the two were still a wreck. However, Jason could not take Mia's continuous sobs. He understood she was upset, but she set her whole life to the side to cry in bed and not get up for anything. To him, it seemed as if she didn't care what his feeling was. That is when he started going and staying out late. What Mia didn't know is that he wasn't wearing his wedding ring while out. Of course, he is still in love with Mia, but he wants kids of his own. He wants kids of his own. He wants a child with his genes in their DNA. A kid he can throw a baseball within the backyard or dress up and have a tea party with. But that will never happen with Mia, so he did the one thing he should have never done. When Jason was out, he would get a drink then find a nice-looking girl. A girl who had too many drinks to realize who he was and that he was married. Jason would start doing this weekly. He would go out and cheat on his wife but then act as if he had just gone out and did nothing wrong. Until he met Adeline at the bar one night. She was just returning from a year getaway traveling across South America. Jason did not know her and that's what made her catch his eye. That night Jason cheated as usual except he made plans with her and exchanged numbers to see her again. Although what he didn't know is that he would see her again, a lot sooner than he expected. The next day both Jason and Adeline were in for a surprise.

Mia had found out that Adeline was back in town and invited her over so the two could spend some girl time and catch up on the past couple of years of their lives. However, Mia did not expect Jason to be at the house, so she did not tell him about the invite of her best friend. So, when Jason found out they were having company, he was in shock. He was expecting Mia to lay around the house for at least another month. But he thought to himself that he could act like a good husband for the day. So, when the company arrived, he got up and offered to answer the door while Mia was focused on finishing cooking. To his surprise, he came face to face with Adeline. She gaps out of shock and realizes the guy Mia had been talking about none stop was the guy she hooked up with the previous night before and planned on hooking up with again. Quickly turning on her heels she tries to walk away because she knows that it is wrong of her to want him even though she now knows he is a married man.