Chapter 1: Lucifer's Begining

"Lucifer! Lucifer! Are you ok!?" Lucifer slowly opened his eyes.   Lucifer's vision became blurry and smudged with tears.  Lucifer breathed in a ragged breath. "Hi, mom" Lucifer's mom wore a white shirt stained with wine. Her pants were black and fit her nicely. She wore white shoes with orange flowers on them. Her bronze hair ended at her shoulders. Her eyes matched the sky in color. She was as pale as paper, her skin made her freckles look like she rolled around in the backyard.   Lucifer sat up in his bed. leaning on the wall behind him. Lucifer's mom rushed to him. She threw her arms around him. Her voice was sweet like candy. "You are such a good kid. What did I do to deserve you?" Lucifer could feel her tears drop onto his back. "Mom? What happened? Is your sadness caused by dad not being here? It's fine he has been gone for years now. His death was not your fault." Lucifer hugged his mom back and started to cry with her. 

"The reason is not your father, It is my decision I will be watching over you, remember that." She wiped her tears onto her hands.  "How old are you?" she asked with a lost look on her face. Lucifer counted on his fingers. "I am 6. Are you ok?" Lucifer rubbed his eyes and yawned. Lucifer's mom grabbed his face."Do you remember what I told you about strangers" she said sternly. Lucifer nodded. He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. Lucifer shook his head. "No mommy," he said with a sigh. Lucifer's mom sighed. "when people come in blue uniform is the only time you can open the door,  and to no one else you will understand later. Your aunt will come and get you. Stay in here until she comes. You are a very special kid. Do you remember Aunt Emma?" Lucifer nodded. "you are going to sleepover at her house tonight. I know it is 9 pm but she just got off work. Please listen to her ok?" Lucifer nodded then yawned. His mom cupped his face in her hands "You might not get this now but you will later" she paused "Do not let him find you" she said before she gave him a kiss on his head "stay here your Aunt will come up to get you soon." She sighed as she carefully stood up. Lucifer watched as she shut the door.  Her words "Don't let him find you"  echoed through his head. She left Lucifer alone on his bed.  Seconds passed of nothing but his mom's words and slow, short breaths. 

Lucifer hid beneath his blanket and sung himself a soft tune. The sound of an opening door interrupted his soothing song.  Lucifer slowly uncovered himself and carefully placed his feet onto the ground trying to stay quiet. He ventured to his door, his mind racing with questions and fears. He slowly opened his door. Lucifer jumped to a slight creak from the door's hinges. He put a finger on his lips "Please be quiet I'm trying to sneak." and carefully shut the door behind him. The hallways were engulfed by black. Lucifer felt chills standing in the hallway. He tried to figure out a painting as its shape changed in the dark. A string of light shined out of the basement sparking Lucifer's curiosity.  

Lucifer crept towards the basement cautiously. With each step, fear took control of his body. His mom's voice flooded the basement. "In three minutes come to my house and pick up my son. tell him that you are 'having a sleepover with Auntie.' Do not look for me just call the police when you arrive. Make sure Lucifer doesn't hear your call. Put him in the car or something." she ended the call. A series of high pitched clicks rang through the house. Lucifer stood and listened to his mother. He wanted to speak but his neck burned as each breath entered and exited his body. 

Once he reached the courage to move, he sat on the first step and carried his weight over each step using his hands and feet like crutches. He sat on the fifth step to rest for a second. He stood to peek over the rail. The light hurt his eyes once the light reached them. He squeezed his eyes together and slowly opened them again to let his eyes adjust. When his eyes adjusted he saw his mom in one of the kitchen chairs. "Lucifer, this is the only way he can't find you." Her heavy breathing filled his ears as they became louder and faster. Her breathing came to a halt followed by another click, "I am not going to let him take over your life." she said seconds before a loud bang shook the house. Lucifer covered his ears and hid behind the rails. His ears squealed and ached. Lucifer rushed down the stairs as she fell off of the chair. A pool of blood grew around her head. 

Lucifer went limp. "Mom!! Are you ok!!! Please say something! Anything!" Lucifer struggled to breathe. His head was growing heavy. Lucifer screamed uncontrollably. "Mom! Please! Wake up!" He leaned up against the wall furthest from his mom. "Are you ok!" He shook his mom and fell in her blood. Her blood covered his clothes and head. The world around him became hazy as sirens and people's voices crowded the air. "It is the police open the door" A man shouted. Lucifer stood and struggled to walk, he fell on his knees.  He crawled up the stairs while struggling to breathe. He arrived at the door and reached for the handle. He felt himself getting weaker with every short breath. He managed to unlock the door. He stumbled backward in an attempt to stand.  The police rushed into the house.  "Help! Please!" Lucifer pointed to the basement and collapsed.  

Lucifer woke with a jolt. "I should get used to the memory," he said rubbing his eyes. "Who is he? Why did she have to die? Because of him!" Lucifer's voice echoed throughout his room.  "Why am I still here Aunt Emma?" Lucifer glanced at the door  "I know you're there." Lucifer stared at his door slowly open.

"Hey." Aunt Emma had red hair and a purple dress on, she was fairly skinny. Her kind green eyes look as if they are glowing in the dark.