Chapter 23

============
"..."
============

Tim
Peru, August 2017

"What is it that you lost?" The shaman holding the medicine bowl asked.

"My peace of mind" I responded.

  I hoped that when the touring ended then the demands would go as well. No it only got worse. True I had played several demos and promised them more music. Yet it didn't satisfy no one to be patient. I guess that's all the industry was. A beast that had to be constantly fed. I did promise more music though and I had to owe my fans that regardless. Many times I often found myself feeling down in the studio. I couldn't work properly. I finished dozens of tracks with many more yet to continue. Once my final concert ended I flew to Madagascar for a few months. Went hiking. Drove off road. Got bit by a little startled creature. Then I realized how much of the internet I missed. New artists were rising.
A guy named Marshmello.
A great singer named Billie Eilish was topping some charts.
Music in general was changing for the better or worse.
And many more that I cannot name.
Most of the time I had been traveling the world trying to figure myself out. It was all I could do by this point.

After Ibiza I found comfort in traveling with my friends since they were the only ones I could trust now. When my final concert ended most of the team left me for other opportunities. My previous manager made sure that I didn't have the security and benefits I once had. That was dismissed thankfully by the CEO of my new record label. I left Ash for good and told him if he ever tried to mess with me or my life again I would sue him and strip him of his career. The fire in me had died out after that.

After what happened with Tereza that incident left me feeling empty inside but she deserved it. For betraying him. That had to be discussed for another time.

Sandro, Carl Falk, Kyrre, Sean, Lucas, Levan, Rob, my Mother, Father and the people that sung his songs were mainly the ones that stuck with him or checked up on him.

It was like a void honestly. So I decided to take a trip to Peru for my own personal reasons at trying to heal my mind and to also release my best EP ever made.
First though I had to do this.

I drank from the cup of herbs and concoctions. The taste was earthen bitterness and watery but also very salty. Behind me my friends also took a sip for their own special reasons. I smiled as a few of them coughed and tried not to make a face. The native shaman just smiled and berated them humorously with pats on the back. Then strictly told us to keep ourselves up before the next drink.

What we just drank was ayahuasca; a ceremonial brew made of a special vine and other ingredients. To endure this ceremony was to have a clear mind and question. I wanted to know what my purpose was and what I've become. Yet I also knew that the hallucinations I would endure will amount up to my answer. Hopefully.
The medicinal liquid took effect after awhile. This was supposed to be ongoing for about four nights.

After awhile I started to see it. The walls of the room had started to conjure shapes. I looked beside me to Lucas and Sean. They themselves had started to feel the effect of the hallucinations.
Breathing in and out, feeling my throat go dry but nauseous had me in a state where I didn't really wanna leave this part of my mind.

I sat back and embraced it.

***

(Sorry for this short chapter but I felt like I kept you all waiting enough. I am still writing many chapters that are unfinished. I leave this description to let you know my hiatus is coming to an end. I will finish this fanfic very soon. I hope my absence hasn't left you all sad. I humbly apologize because I was not in the best state of writing. Writer's block is not the best thing to ever come across when honoring such an artist. I am aware of everything our dearest fandom has been through. I know a lot of us are still coping with his loss but also moving on with our lives carrying his legacy. I hope to end this fanfic in the best way possible. I really pray all of you are doing your best and giving it your all.
As always, have a good day or night. I missed you all! ^^)