Chapter Ten

Dawson's p.o.v.

So this was the beginning to the end not only had I missed the entire thing, I'd escalated it. I had no clue what to do next, but I knew I needed one good moment with Dawn before I told her what I'd done. Then again, none of this would have happened had someone given me a fucking heads up. Before I did anything I headed over to Andre's room, never more grateful than I was now that he came home for the holidays.

"Hey bro." I tried to smile as I knocked on his door. He gave me one look before shaking his head no.

"Nope. Whatever it is no. Mom is still pissed about that prank."

"Did you tell her it was dad's idea?" I smirked as he fought a smile of his own.

"Nope he gave fifty to keep my mouth shut."

"Ha! I got a solid hundred." I teased. I know we shouldn't be proud of tricking him like that, but we were.

"That's because you actually blab sometimes. He has to ensure you won't tell."

"Well excuse me. Have you ever been on the receiving end of one of mom's death glares? I think not. You are her perfect angel and I'm-"

"Every bit of dad and she already knows it's because of you two." he laughed cutting me off as I rolled my eyes.

"Still doesn't change that you're-"

"Gladly a mama's boy." I groaned as he cut me off again. It was no fun teasing him if he already knew what I was going to say. I needed new material.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Now that the ice is broken I really need your help."

"What's up?"

"Something has happened. I don't know all the details yet, but I may lose my best-friend and the girl I really like may hate me for awhile." I explained.

"I can't really see anything getting between you and Micky Dawson. You're probably worrying over nothing." he shrugged.

"I accidentally told someone about that night." I sighed avoiding looking his way. Then pen he was holding dropped onto his desk. I could feel his glare burning a hole through the side of my head.

"Why the hell would you do that Xander? That's not your secret to tell." he spoke through gritted teeth failing to control his anger.

"I didn't mean to." I cried feeling actual tears prickling the corners of my eyes. "I thought he told her Dre."

"Explain Xander." he snapped a frown still heavily on his features.

"Dre no one else knows this. You can't tell anyone this. Not mom or dad."

"Okay, I got it."

"There's this girl at school that got Micky going crazy. I doubt either of them remember this, but she rejected him one time. It was in seventh grade I believe. Around lunch time. At that point we had our routine down. Dawn never talked to us during school and we understood why. She always hated people pretending to be her friend to get to Micky so she cut off. Which turned out to be a good thing in the end for her at least. Anyways, Micheal was being Micheal. Except something had happened between Auntie Drea and Uncle Armin and he was feeling a little extra douchey. He walked over to her, demanded she go out with him and them tried to kiss her. Gave his ass a perfect right hook. I fell out of my seat from laughing so hard."

"He deserved it." he shrugged before gesturing for me to continue on.

"He doesn't like to admit it, but she made an impression on him. However, she avoided him also. He had no choice, but to get over her. Then our sophomore year he met that heathen and she ruined him. He became unrecognizable until now. We're seniors and Ms.Right Hook is back. The day vacation started we were at the mall. They bumped into each other, picked up the wrong phones and it started. He instantly recognized her after going through her phone. Once again I had to hear him talking about the 'right hook mistress'. Don't ask. I have no clue why he called her that.