38

{ naja }

"Then she gon tell Kentrell she not as easy to ruin as you," Daja exclaimed. We finally exchanged numbers. It looked like she had been in a bathroom. I knew about this party, but I ain't go, cause I don't like parties. Simple as that. I just knew Kentrell hoe ass would be there.

I knew sum was off bout that bitch the moment I seen her. How she gon tell me she look up to me, but secretly don't even like me. What's the point of that shit? This exactly why ion fuck with females. Daja better keep Dominic from around that hoe.

Shit .... I still wonder what happened between Daja and Kentrell, too.

"I ain't even gon say shit to her, cause that ain't my nigga," I replied.

"Girl, she clearly seen y'all leave school together the other day. I think she just don't actually like yo ass."

"Ion care bout her. Tell her she can have Kentrell."

"I ain't finna tell her no lie," Daja said.

"Where the lie at?"

"Oh girl, hold on." She replied. Next thing I know, I hear her and Kay talking. I laughed loud as a bitch, on purpose, so she could hear me, and then hung up the phone.

Like five minutes later my phone vibrated saying she'd been calling me back. I answered it, and it looked like she was outside now.

"Girl, Kay followin Kentrell like a lost dog," she said.

"I don't care. Let them be for each other." I replied. This whole I don't care attitude feel so real right now, but it's only a matter of time before I'm sad about the nigga again.

"Sum tells me she only goin after him cause she seen you with him."

"That's your friend."

"I know ..." she sighed.

"You let so many people in. I'm telling you it ain't worth it." I told her.

"I know, but I don't like being alone."

"You gotta learn how to. It's so important to be by yourself sometimes."

"I'll eventually learn it."

My phone started going off with a FaceTime from Ben, before I could reply.

"Ben callin me, I'll see you when you get home. Be careful."

"I will."

I answered his call, and he'd been at the party for sure. It was loud as a bitch.

"What's up?" I asked, as he went somewhere quiet.

"Why you not here? I want you to come and have fun for once," He replied.

"Ion do parties."

"You used to .... and all that shit just changed."

"Life changes."

"Whatever. I expect to see yo ass here in the next hour."

"Be—," He hung up. I ain't going to that damn party. He must be crazy or sum. Soon as my home screen was revealed, I got an instagram notification.