Unforgiving Darkness

You smile and hold Akiza close as she sleeps in your arms, you two have been like this all night and you couldn't be happier for her but you still can't get over the duel with Zarc. You grit your teeth as you think about it and close your eyes. Kite watches you from the 2nd floor without you knowing and he grunts before going back to his room.

You:(I want to beat Zarc but after all that dueling I still think I'm not ready for him...)

Yuto:(but (Y/N), we've been stopping thugs for the past few weeks and your dueling has improved greatly)

You:(I...just don't know anymore Yuto..)

Flashback Start

Zarc: STARVING VENOM ATTACKS YOUR DARK REBELLION XYZ DRAGON!!!

You: AAAAH!!! DARK REBELLION!!!

Zarc smiles sinisterly and points at you as you stare in fear.

Zarc: CLEAR WING WILL ATTACK YOU DIRECTLY WITH SPIN STORM SKYSTRIKE!!!

You slam to the ground after your action card failed to protect you and you sit up threw all the pain. Zarc laughs as Odd Eyes charges forward then jumps in the air.

Zarc: NOW END THIS ODD EYES!!! SPIRAL FLAME STRIKE!!!

Your eyes widen as the flames barrel towards you at great speeds.

Flashback End

You:(it was so one-sided Yuto, Zarc no doubt has improved himself as well...)

Your snapped out of your thoughts when Akiza slowly begins to stir and her eyes flutter a bit before sitting up and looking around the room. You give a warm smile.

You: morning sunshine

Akiza: morning (Y/N)

Yuto:(when should we go back to trying to restore Clear Wing's power?)

You:(maybe tommorrow since I'll-)

Kite walks over to you and hands you your dueldisk and deck. You look at him to be met with a frustrated gaze.

You: Kite?

Kite: you and I are dueling, you don't have a choice so I'd advise you hurry up and prepare yourself (Y/N)

You: but....Ki-

Kite: no excuses, did you seriously think I'd leave our record at a tie?!?

Yuto:(of course, Kite is always competitive)

You smile and sit up slowly. The 3 of you step outside and Akiza watches from the patio while You put your Phantom Knights' deck into your dueldisk.

Kite: LET'S DUEL!!!

You both draw 5 cards as Akiza watches nervously.

You: I'LL START BY SETTING ALL 5 CARDS IN MY HAND FACEDOWN, I END MY TURN!!

Kite: that's all!? I DRAW!!

You: I activate a facedown!!! EMERGENCY PROVISIONS!!! I DESTROY ALL MY OTHER FACEDOWNS AND GAIN 1000LP FOR EACH CARD I DESTROYED!!!

You 4000>>>8000LP

Kite: YOUR NOW DEFENSELESS AND I'LL SEIZE THE OPENING YOU MADE FOR ME!!! I SUMMON CIPHER TWIN RAPTOR!!! SINCE I CONTROL A CIPHER MONSTER I CAN SPECIAL SUMMON CIPHER WING OUT, THEN I TRIBUTE CIPHER WING TO USE IT'S ABILITY AND DOUBLE MY RAPTOR'S LEVEL TO 8!!! THEN HE IS TREATED AS 2 MATERIALS FOR AN XYZ SUMMON!!! I OVERLAY MY CIPHER TWIN RAPTOR TO CALL UPON THE VERY CREATURE THAT CRUSHED YOU LAST TIME!!! I XYZ SUMMON, GALAXY EYES CIPHER DRAGON!!!