XVIII

"alone or not, you gotta walk forward"

CHAPTER TWO

PAGE NINE

Slowly walking towards the gates a large sense of dread filled Clementine as the older woman stood on the opposite side of the gates getting ready to enter her large estate car.

The car was a glossy black and looked as though it had just left a funeral.

It seemed as if the world had slowed down as Clementine walked towards the large gates.

In the distance crows squawked and the sound of the work getting done on the house gave Clementine a sense of dread.

With a large amount of effort she managed to unlock and push open the gates and slowly Mrs Giani drove through.

By the time they reached the top of the drive Clementine was shattered whereas Mrs Giani wore a strong, stern look.

"Ohh Clementine, look at this heap" her hand gave a dismissive wave towards the house.

It was busy inside the three men were 'working' and Clementines grandmother had phoned in some extra workers to get the place safe to stay in.

"What does through that mind of yours girl: you live in a dreamworld and you can't blame it on anyone but yourself"

That had Clementines face screw up.
Her face quickly became impassive and her back straightened.

"If you came here to lecture me Mrs Giani, I would like to ask you to leave"

Mrs Hilda Giani's lips pinched in and her eyes slanted.

"I am most displeased of your cheek young lady, those prisoners I hear about must be tainting you. You're the talk of the town, everyone thinks you're unstable" Mrs Giani's shrill voice heightened,

"You likely are unstable, have been since a child"

As if sensing drama down came the three notorious men.

They leaned against the door frame and pillars with expressionless faces and clothes covered in dry plaster.

"Excuse you old lady, I believe Clementine would like you to leave if that is so I'd expect you to be down and out of those gates in the next two minutes" Alexander looked to Clementine who was staring with a blank look.

She gave a small nod before turning to the flabbergasted lady,

"Leave, I do not need your advice or your petty comments Hilda, now be on your way and don't you dare enter through these gates again, you are not welcome" There was no room for discussion in Clementines voice and although it sounded polite there was an obvious curtness that Hilda Giani picked up on.

"The whole town will hear of this child, their respect of you has already lowered by letting those people into this dump"
She huffed our entering her herce of a car and drove down the drive like a bat out of hell.