Chapter 1

5 years ago!

Bernadette is hugging her daddy tight. He was going to work and it's Christmas eve.

She pouted and stared at her daddy.

"Dad, why can't you just stay here? It's christmas for God sake we should be celebrating it with mommy."

She said it gentle hoping her father would be affected that they can't celebrate christmas with each other.

"Anak"
Malungkot ang mukha nito at parang nagmamakawa, kailangan kong pumunta ng opisina ngayon may deal akong kailangan e close. Di ko kayang palampasin yon it worth millions.

He sigh and slowly smile.

Bernadette pouted more and hug her daddy again.

"Okay just don't be late dad, atleast we can celebrate after the meeting.

Adam laugh. " That's my girl. He hug her and pinch her cheek.

''Always remember baby, that all I was doing is for your future and for your mommy. I really love you both and I can sacrifice everything just to make you both safe.

Her heart ache. Her father's word is soothing deep in her heart.

She pout. " Dad! You're talking like there's something wrong".

She hissed.
"And please stop calling me baby, I'm not baby anymore.

Adam chuckled. "You're always be my baby Bernadette, your mommy is my Queen.

She hissed and chuckled after. " I know" she smiled.

"Dad next month I will be searching for work and ofcourse not in your company. I don't want to have a special treatment no! She rolled her eyes and look at her father's eyes. " I can build my own future now dad" she smiled. "You can now rest from work. I know you're tired. It's my time to do my responsibilities as your daughter. I love you daddy."

Adam smiled happily and tap her head.

"I know in myself that you will be a good woman in the near future. We raise you with so much love and care. I know you will do the same to your own children! I love you most baby. I love you!"

They hug each other tightly. It was as if they wouldn't be able to see each other again.

Amanda, her beautiful mother.

Came and join the group hugs and chitchat.

Until, Adam decided to go.
Hinatid nila ito sa sasakyan at kumaway pa ito sa kanila.

She felt a spang on her chest. And felt nervous.

Hindi man niya alam kong bakit, pero isa lang ang masasabi niya. She misses her daddy Adam, already.

"Mommy, why is daddy felt so weird today?"

She's eating while asking her mom about things she can't understand.
Amanda just look at her and smiled sadly.

"I didn't know either, he's weird for me too and I miss him already. Amanda chuckled and look at the chandelier for some reason natawa din siya. Kinikilig din pala kahit matanda na.

It's almost 12 and they were ready for the countdown.

At nakapag shower na, soot ang christmas gift ng daddy niya.
A red above the knee dress paired with a silver shoes na gift din ng mommy amanda.

She knows the things are expensive and she's willing to take care of it. Wholeheartedly.

When she reach the island counter she lean on it.
She was about to text her father when her mother kissed her cheeks.

" Merry Christmas, my princess!
She chuckled gaya niya bagong ligo din ito.

"Merry Christmas too, mom i think we should call daddy now.

"Sure, you call him. Ilalabas ko lang ang mga dessert.

She dialed it. And it goes like this.
"The number you have dialed is out of coverage area please try again later".

She dialed it repeatedly and still no one's gonna answer it.

"Where is he? Anang isip niya.
Pick it up dad.

After a few moments.

The people where happily counting!

8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Sobrang ingay ng paligid. Even though they're in the village they have this huge neighborhood singing and dancing at the street.
She's so happy watching them beneath the windows.

May nagpapaputok na mas lalong umingay sa paligid.

Then she received a call from the unknown number, she accepted it because maybe it's important.

Di pa naman kasi siya nakakareceive ng prank call.
Kaya kampante siya at iilan lang ang mga taong may numero niya.

"Hello?"  The other line spoke.

"Yes Hello?" She exchanged.

" Good evening ma'am Merry Christmas". Is this Alcantara Bernadette or Amanda?

"It's Bernadette speaking, who you?

" Please don't be shock ma'am. I am from San Fernando Medical Hospital. Your Father Adam Alcantara was bought here by the police from the ambush in alaya street. Dead on the arrival. I am sorry. Please come here in the hospital for more information that the police officers will be given to you.

Dead!
Dead!

Dead!

It continuesly repeating in her head.
Nagpapaputok parin ang mga tao sa labas at tuluyan na nga siyang nabingi at namanhid sa mga nalaman niya.

Hindi alam ang isasagot at hindi tumutulo ang luha. Gusto niyang umiyak sa sakit na nararamdaman pero hindi hinahayaan ng mata niyang tumulo man isang butil man lang. Hindi siya nakahinga at parang namatay na rin siya.

Daddy, why? You said you will come back!

Hindi maisatinig ang lahat nawalan na siya ng hininga.

She stared at her mother's eyes. Her eyes are worried.

Bernadette!" She calls.

"Dad is gone. San Fernando Hospital mommy!

She can't breath. Her heartaches, worries , sadness , hatred and love for her family consumed her. And everything went all black.

Praying that its all just a dream! A nightmare. Unfortunately it's not. And now she's living it with such hatred and all!

Longing for his father's love , care and support. She lived her life unhappy. Emotionless and fierce.