A Spooky, Lucky Night

Konata and Tsukasa were sitting in class at lunch time. Tsukasa looked out the window and said, "Look at all the leaves falling from the trees. I love this time of the year, don't you Kona Chan?"

"Yeah, and you know what holiday is coming up that will make this time of the year complete?" Konata said, sitting back with her arms crossed.

"Uhmm..." Tsukasa looked a bit confused and looked around. "It isn't Christmas is it?"

"You're close!" Konata said as she then picked up her Choco Cornet, drew a scary face on it, then broke it in half as red filling came out. "It's almost Halloween, Tsukasa!" She then gave an evil laugh.

Tsukasa then screamed, then fell back into her chair. "Oh, I totally forget. I've never been a big fan of that holiday. I've heard terrible things about it since I was little. We usually get a pumpkin each year, but we don't really celebrate it much other then that."

"Aww, c'mon, how can you not love Halloween? Don't you love a good scare..." She then pulled a large toy spider out of her shirt, which Tsukasa then screamed again.

"Whatever is wrong, Tsukasa-san? Are you feeling ill?" Miyuki said, walking up to them.

"Konata was telling me about about Halloween. I haven't really liked it since I was young. Our older sisters used to tell us horrifying stories. I would get so scared I thought I saw ghost one year." Tsukasa responded in a very quet and scared tone.

"Ah, Hallows' Eve... such an intriguing holiday in deed. I remember it was a tradition for me each year to get books from the library, telling of Urban legends surrounding the holiday, and I would stay up late reading in the dark, but now that my eyesight isn't very good now that unfortunately might not be good for me." Miyuki stated with a smile.

"Wow, I didn't know you were into that kind of stuff, Miyuki-chan." Konata said a bit surprised.

"Supernatural mythology can be quite facinating." Miyuki chuckled.

"But what if it's real though?" Tsukasa said shaking a little, while picking up her SGT Frog plush she kept in her school bag, holding it close.

"Oh, don't be silly, Tsukasa-san. The stories are usually just to give us a small fright. I'm not scared on Halloween, but what does scare me is the cavities I sometimes get when eating sweets. Nothing is worse the getting a painful trip to the dentist after a holiday." Miyuki responded, looking down in fear.

Tsukasa held on to her mouth and said, "I know what you mean. I'm already getting a toothache just thinking about it..."

A bit later after school when the girls were riding on the bus, Konata noticed Kagami was looking out the window, very upset. She smiled and asked, "Kagamin, what's eating ya?

"The damn Pocky is eating me... Everytime I just want a little snack I gain weight like crazy."

"That can be frustrating, especially during holidays when candy and snacks are everywhere." Miyuki said, as Konata nodded and Tsukasa giggled.

"Oh, especially on Valentine's day. When I eat one chocolate from a box I just can never stop at just one. My taste buds are just begging for more and I can't control myself." Tsukasa said with visions of sweets floating around her head.

"I once ate a whole ball of Halloween candy at a party when I was twelve and I didn't throw up or even get a stomach ach. I eat allot of candy each year and I still stay in shape." Konata said as the other three girls gasped in surprise.

"Hey, how come you don't gain weight, but I do?" Kagami scolded.

"Because I have self control and I get lots of exercise." Konata retorted with a sly look and her arms crossed.