Lost Memories

(Akira's POV)
The stairs creaked as we made our way upstairs. The room was messy, definitely not how I left it last. My head pounded even more.

"Woah man, this place is huge!" Ryuji jumped on the wooden floor, causing dust to fly up into the air.

I walked over and opened the the desk drawer to the far left of the room. My diary. I flipped through the pages. Everything was gone. The journeys to the palaces, mementos, even the days when I'd lay down restless in my bed. They all were gone forever in the folds of time itself.

"Cool journal!" Ryuji yelled, yanking it forcefully from my hand, "really suits your style."

I'll admit, I laughed. I carefully took the journal back and placed it into drawer.

"Let's get to work."

It only took about 2 hours to get my room looking like usual. There, of course, was a few things missing. My television, radio...most importantly my items and friendships. From the looks of it, everyone completely forgets me. Why am I the only one who remembers? Does anyone remember me?

"Yo I gotta get home. Here's my number."

"Thank you so much for your help!"

I walked him to the door and waved goodbye. I ran upstairs.

"I'm closing up for the night. Don't do anything stupid, I'll be back by morning!" Sojiro yelled upstairs.

"O-okay!" I stuttered, a little startled by his voice.

A sigh of relief left my body. I walked downstairs and made some curry, the exact way Sojiro taught me. I needed something to make me feel alive. As the warm rice met with my tastebuds, I couldn't help but imagine Morgana sitting across from me. Everything I did really did involve them. I laid my head into my shoulders. Tomorrow's the first day of school. Kamoshida's palace. I stood up and walked back upstairs. My head pounded again, my hands immediately clenched my ears. Screeching and screaming, that's all I could hear. I fell to the ground.

"Hey hey!" Called a voice.

My eyes opened wide.

"The leader of The Phantom Thieves can't show weakness!"

Morgana? I reached out to touch the cat. Before my fingertips touched Morgana's soft fur, he disappeared. This has to be a sign. Everything is different than the first time I lived this life.

I caught my balance, regaining my strength as I made my way to the desk. I pulled out the journal and wrote my activities, just as I did before. I slammed the pen on the desk after finishing my entry. I will fix this. I'll find a way no matter what it takes.