Chapter 5

12:15pm August 20th

Jisung approached the edge of the roof, dropping his bag on the ground and stepping up onto the little ledge. He looked straight down numbly, the view didn't make him feel any type of way any more.
The possibility of being attacked of assaulted again was eating away at him, consuming him with paranoia. He looked forward to lunch every day, so he could just get away from all the anxiety.
The roof was his escape. He could sit in solitude and enjoy his energy drink in peace.

Sitting down on the edge of the building, his shoulders slumped as he got into a comfortable sitting posture.
He sipped his drink, tugging gently at his hoodie sleeves. Last week's mistake still stung to be rubbed against his sleeve.
He shook his head, swinging his feet restlessly.

'I won't do it again..I promise.'

His stomach growled. He couldn't even remember the last time he ate three meals in a day. Ever since the incident, he could barely bring himself to eat, and it was taking a toll on him. He wasn't blind to what was happening. He could see how loosely his clothes were fitting, and the dark circles under his eyes.
What could he say? It was what he deserved.

-

2:05pm

Jisung was heading to his last class of the day. He hated going from class to class; he could feel the menacing stares from other students boring through him. He kept his head down, speed walking through the hall to get to science class.

*crash*

He crashed right into another student, both of their belongings falling onto the floor. He dove down to pick them up, looking up to frantically apologize to the person that he accidentally assaulted, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorr- oh.."

It was Minho.
Of course it was Minho, of all people.

He apologized even more than he normally would've, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry.." He repeated, scrambling to pick up both of their books and papers. He looked back up at the boy, fear filling his eyes.

'Is he gonna beat me up again because I ran into him?"

Minho was silent for a moment, standing there, glaring at him. He sighed, bending down and helping Jisung pick the stuff up, "No, I'm sorry, man. I wasn't looking where I was going," he mumbled, handing him a physics textbook. Once he gathered all of his own things, he got up and walked away without another word.

'Did he just..apologize..to ME?"

-

After school was finally over, Jisung decided to take the long way home, just for a little change of scenery. He watched as different coloured cars drove by on the street beside him. The wind howled, becoming slightly stronger, causing him to huddle into his sweatshirt.
It was the first actually cold day since school had started, which he was quite happy about. It meant he wouldn't have to wear short sleeves any time soon.

He drug his feet along the sidewalk, taking in his surroundings peacefully..until he saw a cemetery.
He bit his lip, a wave of dread crashing over him. That was the cemetery where Hyungmin was buried; his stomach churned at the memory of the incident.

He looked across the street, to the mom-n-pop flower shop that sat nestled between a Mattress Firm and a strip club.
He hesitated a moment before turning and crossing the street, not bothering to look both ways. It just slipped his mind..or maybe he secretly hoped a car would crush him.

*ding*

A bell sounded as Jisung pushed the door open to the dusty, old flower shop. He approached the counter, breathing slowly and deeply in an effort to control his anxiousness, "H-hi."