The Rule

Silence, That's what fills the mind when nothing else exists to distract it. The absence of something is always filled with the static ringing of the deafening silence. No matter who, or what you are, there are always those moments where its terrifyingly quiet. As if something had just caused the world to pause. As if it's mere presence, makes nature quiets itself. Not in the way of respect, not in the way of discipline. But pure unfiltered fear. That unnatural moment of silence, when the birds, and the bugs go quiet, that moment when everyone in room goes silent. For that split second, your brain realizes. For the short moment in time, you think you see it. The thing at the corner of your eye. The thing that hovers over you when your eyes are closed in the night. You see it. For just the shortest moment. Everyone does. Everything sees it. 

The thing, that brings about your worst nightmares, that thing that slightly digs into your sanity. The thing that brings true silence to the world, to nature, to armies, to you. That thing, hides. Just beyond view of your eyes. Just the round the corner of you're eye sight.  But for the short second, for that short period of time you can the glowing ice blue eyes that it holds. And each time you see it. You forget, but you notice that the room went silent. You notice how awkward it is, to break the whole rooms silence. Because, you know its still there in your mind, but you don't know what is. 

You just know, that whatever it is.  Silences all of the universe. All you know, is when it shows itself, you must follow the rule. The one true rule of reality. 

                                                                       Silence