Chapter 1

Nadia

I was riding my hover board to school and something caught my eye, it was under some leaves in a forest area next to the side walk. I went down and removed the leaves, and the thing I saw was an amethyst necklace with a silver outline, I was mesmerized by the beautiful necklace. I picked it up, looked around to see if anyone had dropped it. I held it in the palm of my hand. Then the necklace flew up and put itself around my neck. I tried to find the latch to take it off but there wasn't one, I tried to break the fragile looking chain but it was incredibly strong. I gave up and continued to school, hoping no one would notice.

At school the most popular girl at school, Taylor, came up to me. "That's a beautiful necklace! where did ya' get it?" I didn't want to tell her that the necklace flew on my neck, so I didn't reply. "I'm Taylor, what's your name?"

After looking around to see if this was a practical joke, I replied. "Nadia."

"Oh yeah! You're that girl, the one that doesn't talk to anybody and gets straight "A"s and never gets recognized for being the only student that has been at school every day," Taylor paused to breathe. "Right?"

I was shocked that she knew almost everything about my life. "Yeah, why?" How does she know all these thing about me? I thought to myself. I started to get freaked out.

"Well, I didn't want to be talkin' to some stranger!" Taylor said everything so fast.

"But, aren't I a stranger?" I was wondering why she was acting like my friend.

Taylor laughed "No, you're not, remember we met in kindergarten!"

Then I remembered in kindergarten, two kids saw me sitting by myself and they came over and asked if I wanted to play with them. "Yeah, who was the other kid?"

Before Taylor could answer, Alex, the most amazing boy in school, came over. "Hey Tay-" Alex was cut off by Taylor.

"Alex! You remember Nadia, right? She was the girl sitting by herself in kindergarten!" I was so embarrassed. I can't believe the cutest guy wanted to be my friend in kindergarten!

"How could I forget?!" Alex looked at the necklace. "Did you find that?"

"Do you know who it belongs to?" I started to panic. "I'm not a thief, I swear!"

"I think we should talk to Mr. Maitre." Alex said to Taylor. They're going to take me to the counselor? I didn't think it was that bad!

Not wanting to draw any attention to myself I went with them. In Mr. Maitre's office Taylor, Alex, and Mr. Maitre were whispering in the corner, when they stopped Mr. Maitre took this statue. "I want you to close your eyes and picture all three of us." I did as I was told.

A few seconds later Taylor called out, "I knew it!" I opened my eyes and the statue that Mr.Maitre was holding turned from one, sitting, undetailed guy to the three people and very detailed.

"Wah-what's going on?" I was so confused.

"You're Space!" I looked at Taylor as if she was crazy.

"What Taylor is trying to say is you're apart of a group that helps save the universe!" Alex explained.

"Except we haven't got to go into the universe, because we didn't have you!"Taylor smiled. "Oh, and you're sort of our leader!" She's so enthusiastic.

"Um, I'm not fit to be a leader."

"Don't be silly the necklace chose you!"

"Well, maybe the necklace chose wrong!" I was yelling by now. When I was just about to storm out, I felt at peace. "I'm sorry, this is just so overwhelming, but I'll try."