Prologue

There she was, sitting 3 seats away from me. Her long slender fingers are gracefully holding a thick hardbound novel. Her eyebrows were pulled together and she gasped. She was so engrossed with what she was reading and I’m thankful for that. I don’t want her to notice me creeply staring at her.

Her short jet black bobcut hair flattered her oval shaped face. Red dye was dipped at the tips giving her some edge. She’s wearing a sleeveless black floral dress that she always paired with black aankle boots. The Dark dress made her skin look paler than before. Her nose is perfect to me, it’s slim, tall and a bit crooked. Her pinkish thin lips made me think of kissing her. I looked away when I noticed she was going to move. I peeked at her through the book I was holding, it was about Science and all the crap. I wasn’t interested at reading it, I just want to look smart if she sees me.

But I doubt that she will because I’m invisible. She closed the book she was holding and stood up. Her deep ice cold eyes invaded with emerald green was a sight to behold. A mutation that was a blessing and a curse. It was exotic and extraordinary. She looked at my direction. Our eyes made contact.