Alex From Target

I stared blankly at the mile long self checkout line. There was no possible way that I could get through it without my ice cream melting through the tub that was already slick with condensation.

In a moment of desperation, I moved out of my place in line to see if the cashier's were any quicker. I was distraught to see that every row was either full to the brim or slower than a herd of turtles.

"'Scuse me miss, I can help you over at register 6," an employee said quietly. I turned around to see that he was actually pretty cute and talking me.

"Uh... yeah sure," was my lame reply.

I followed him through the dense crowds to the only empty cash register. As soon as I put my basket onto the conveyor belt, a small line had already formed behind me.

The brunette boy smiled at me, "Pretty busy day, huh?"

I simply nodded in response as he continued doing his job.

The slow, subtle precision of how he scanned the items was endearing, and despite his initial shyness, I felt a small crush growing. I focused my eyes on the ground, not wanting to frighten him with my staring.

"That'll be $23.47."

I got out my wallet at handed him the money, looking up to meet his eyes. He gave me another smile and my heart leaped to my throat.

"Y-yeah."

He handed me my groceries, out fingers brushing in the process. I was praying to whatever supernatural being out there that he didn't notice my blush.

"Thanks, umm... Alex," I stammered, reading his name tag.

"Anytime," he winked before beginning to scan the next person's items.

I smiled as I walked out of Target, thinking about Alex and how he scanned my groceries when nobody else would.

_________________________
Please don't take this seriously i wrote this out of sheer boredom and peer pressure. Thanks Mic for the cover <3