Chapter 1

It was a cloudy fall morning in the city of Knothole. Sonic was sitting on his couch watching the weather as he heard a straining grunt. He was wearing a long sleeve navy blue shirt with blue jeans. Sonic turned to see Amy in a red sweater and blue leggings.

"You know I would have let you pack up your stuff and get it tomorrow. You didn't have to do it all today." Sonic said watching the news.

"The sooner I get my stuff out of here the better. And the better it will be for you to learn some solo responsibility." Amy spat.

"Amy I don't want to fight with you, and for your information I do have responsibility." Sonic replied.

"No, you think you do. But really I have done everything from housework, planning our dates, and actually caring about our relationship. You did not take any responsibility for anything!" Amy exclaimed as she lifted her last box.

"And this is why we broke up. All you do is nag at me and try to change how I am! I have taken responsibility but you are just too clingy and possessive!" Sonic exclaimed back as he stood up.

Amy frowned at Sonic and walked to the front door. "This is the last of my stuff, good luck trying to live on your own Sonic." She spoke as she left the house.

Sonic let out a deep sigh as he walked to the window near the front door. He peeked out the blinds and watched Amy drive off in her red bug.

"Whatever, I knew this wasn't gonna work. That girl is just too demanding." Sonic vented as he continued to watch the news.

"Good Afternoon Knothole, I'm David Chipmunk and you are watching the weather! Today is extremely cloudy and it will stay that way through the week. But in the next couple of days, there will be some pretty bad thunderstorms. So be careful on the roads. And that is all for the weather!"

Sonic turned off the TV and sighed. "Looks like I better go for a run now before the storms start."

Sonic raced out the door and ran through his nature filled city. He ran past the city's buildings, fields, schools, parks, and other areas. He finally stopped in a field filled with flowers.

Sonic decided to lay back and relax. He stared at the bland grey sky. "Come on sun, just fight the clouds." Sonic spoke as he got tired of the cloudy weather.

Sonic thought about his now ended relationship with Amy. He remembered what she said: "You did not take responsibility for anything!"

Sonic scoffed at her commented echoing in his head. "I'm not responsible? What do you call saving the world from multiple villains, volunteering to help civilians in need, and still making time for a clingy girlfriend? Apparently not being responsible." Sonic sarcastically as he shut his eyes in frustration.

Suddenly he felt a rain drop on his nose.

Sonic opened his eyes and felt another one on his forehead. He sighed again. "So much for that." He said as it started to rain.

Sonic ran home and continued his day inside is home.