𝐏𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣𝙚?'

'𝙉𝙤! 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡. 𝙄𝙩 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩!'

𝙄 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙤...' he thought to himself as the tears started to roll down the side of his cheeks like cascading dew drops from the leaves off trees. Unlike a strong rooted tree however, the mans limbs had been battered, tarnished in scrapes and bruises. He stayed there, his knees on the ground crying as he held the deceased girl within his arms. She was no older than seventeen and she had been his only companion since the start of the whole mess.

'𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙨...' he thought again, '𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙨 𝙢𝙖𝙮𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙖 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝙁𝙤𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙧𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙃𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙣 𝙀𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙝.'

She was so beautiful even in death. A horde had come from out of no where, surrounding their makeshift camp they had set up. Even with the roped parameters they were no match. Things had been going so well the past weeks that he quickly shut his eyes and started to wish that it was all just a dream and that any minute he would awake to see her eyes opened again along with her contagious smile. The was blood everywhere. With his eyes still hazy from all the tears he took a hold of his shirt and began brushing it off her face neck and shoulders.

"T-This is all my fault." He stuttered heavily trying not to think about the actions that lead him to this point.

"All my f-fault." Lowering his head to her chest he readied his knife and waited. At least if he could not see her eyes nor her smile, the very least he could feel and hear again was her heartbeat one last time.

A few more minutes had passed by with his head still at her chest his soul still wary, his body still mourning. Her heartbeat started to beat again, starting slowly in its pace but then gradually it picked up. Taking the blade, he found it hard to raise it within the palms of his hand for he knew the fate that laid ahead. Gargling noises seeped from between her lips followed by some short jerking in her limbs. More and more tears flowed but the time was either now or never, only never was not an option. He could not and would not allow for her to walk around like this, brain dead and a cannibal.

𝐊𝖚𝖘𝖍!— Was the sound the metal made after it sliced through her skull. The blood gushed slowly from the wound as he pulled the knife back out. "Please, forgive me."

© All Rights Reserved