★ | 103. out of place, celebrity

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom
Chapter 103: Out Of Place, Celebrity
Word Count: 477

I have no idea what I am doing here, he thought as he looked around the party full of celebrities

I have no idea what I am doing here, he thought as he looked around the party full of celebrities. [name] wasn't famous. He didn't want to be. He was happy with his job and his quiet life. Though when you are friends with celebrities, it's hard to stay out of the spotlight.

"You look like you'd rather be anywhere but here." Hailey, his best friend since childhood, spoke as she looked at him in amusement. She was the reason he was here and it seemed she just loved to torture him. "You could at least try not to look constipated."

"I can't help it. Everyone is giving me weird looks because I'm not wearing designer clothes. Security also keeps circling me because they think I sneaked in here." He replied with a whine.

"I'll go tell them that you're here with me. They'll leave you alone than."

The truth was, he didn't mind if they kicked him out. It might be embarrassing but at least it meant he could go home and continue to binge watch his favourite show. He regretted ever saying yes to coming here in the first place. "Would you really care if I left?"

"Babe." Hailey whined. "Why do you want to leave? This is supposed to be a fun party. You never go out."

"I like staying home. Parties aren't my thing." He hugged her with a smile. "I appreciate you being worried about me but you don't have to be. I am fine staying in my little bubble."

"I've never met someone who hates leaving the house so much. Are you sure that's what you really want? Because if you just want to leave because you don't feel welcome than you should stay. I won't leave your side for the rest of the night."

He shook his head quickly. Although he appreciated it, he really did want to go home and her staying by his side all night would just make him feel guilty for taking her away from her friends she had wanted to see. "No. You are going to stay here and have fun while I am going to go home and also have fun."

"Fine but if you change your mind, just call me and I'll send a car to come get you."

"Thank you." He said in relief, giving her a kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you later." He started for the door, as he got closer the guard narrowed his eyes and he sighed. "Don't worry I'm going. You can calm down now."

As Hailey watched him leave, Kendall walked up to her with furrowed eyebrows. "Where's he going? Weren't you going to finally ask him out tonight?"

"Yeah. It didn't exactly go as planned."

"You'll get him next time."

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio