Chapter 3

Kate's P.O.V.

First day at Academy seemed different than i thought it would be.
Yes, i met some new people and, yes, classes were interesting, but that library still is giving me goosebumps.

I got home, dropped my bag by the door and headed to the kitchen. It's so neat and clean, we decorated the rest of the house yesterday, i love how it worked out.

"Dad! You're working?!" I yelled while opening the fridge.

"Sorry, I have a lot of work. I found really amazing old houses that need to be restored around the neighborhood and there's a chance they might be sold for big money, honey." Oh yeah, there's another story of why I moved here.

My dad is businessman. He works with a company that restores, builds, sells and lends houses all over New York and Washington DC states. Recently he got an offer to move to Minnesota and start business here. Their company is into making some huge money out of abandoned houses around this state if my dad figures out a way to start all this business and all these contacts flowing. So I get it when he says he has work to do.

And why not move here after all? That seemed a pretty descent idea even for me. In New York, dad didn't have much chance to shine, since a lot of houses were occupied by their land lords or owners and they didn't want to sell it for the company.
And now I am here. If Dad's happy, i am happy.

It's really starting to get colder outside and summer just ended.
It's almost 5 , i know i shouldn't trust anyone i don't really know by now, but It's worth a try. Joey didn't seem so bad and his friends neither. For once in my life, i have to take a risk.

I went upstairs to change into something i can swim in and headed to the lake. I texted dad that i'll be home at about 10 o'clock, so he doesn't wait for me.
Sun is going down so early here. It's already getting dark and walking trough the woods makes it even darker.
While I walked my phone vibrated and fell out of my hands, it had happened to me million times. I'm getting clumsy.

I reached for it to pick it up when I heard some noise behind the trees. I looked up, my eyes saw the same weird thing run by again.

I started to walk faster. God damn my imagination, i'm just too exhausted from the classes today. I'm getting paranoid already.

I focused on my thoughts, i didn't see what was ahead of me until i felt that I bumped into someone.

"Joey?" I asked questionably falling on top of him.

"Hey, um..."He looked up at me.

"Oh, s-sorry for bumping in you. How did you even get here? And where are the guys?" I stood up.

"So first thing you ask me when you bump into me is, this? You New Yorker's sure are weird." He crossed his arms laughing.

"Ok, enough with the jokes. Seriously, how did you get here?" I asked him again.

"I walked." I rolled my eyes from his answer.

"And where are the others?" I re-asked.

"Oh, they got caught. "He said.

"What do you mean 'caught'?"

"AGH! SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!" He grabbed his head faking it hurts. "In school while I was having detention, guys tried to prank freshman's from biology class by spraying all the biology books in library with spice gass. But Mrs. Martin ,our librarian, caught them. And now they have to clean up the Library. " He laughed. " First time I am happy to be in detention instead of being with my crew."

"The whole library?" I asked and in response he nodded. Oh no...If they're going to clean up they might find the book. Fingers crossed i hid it well enough.
"So i'm guessing we are not gonna swim?"