Dylan

We're already about a half hour into the movie and I've probably already screamed about a thousand times and every time I would scream or jump Ethan would laugh at me.

"Hey! I'm sorry that things scare me easily!" I laugh while jokingly punching Ethan in the arm.

"Shhhssshh," Grayson tries to shush me and Ethan so I give him a playfully dirty look. He just sticks his tongue out at me, causing me to giggle, then go back to watching the terrible movie.

About another hour into the movie, I start to feel Ethan slowly reaching his arm around my shoulders and, again, I can feel my face heating intensely, but all I can do is get stiff and awkward, because, you know...I'm kind of in love with Grayson Bailey Dolan!

I turn and subtly look at Gray; he is still watching the movie, but he sort of has this look of annoyance, like Ethan did before.

I politely excuse myself to the bathroom where all of my anxieties take over me.

I can't believe this is happening. "I think I know what Ethan was going to tell me now." I whisper to myslef with a nervous stomach. I mean maybe not though. It was just his arm around the shoulders. Maybe it was friendly and not romantic. Right? That's a possibility? Though he's never done it before...ever.

Eventually, after slowing my heart rate down to a normal pace, I casually walk back to the living room and the movie is already over. Thank God.

"Dude! You missed the ending!" Ethan yells at me accusingly as I step into his eyesight.

"Dude! Let me guess: They all died?" I ask, smiling.

He rolls his eyes smiling in response, so I'm guessing I was right, as Grayson tells us he's going to go get a drink so now I'm, of course, left alone in the room with Ethan again.

"So, Dylan, I actually have something real I did and still do want to tell you." Oh no. I already feel myself start to tense up again. "So Dyl, for a while now I-I have had a crush on you, and I mean like, a HUGE crush and I have always wanted to ask you out but I've been worried that you wouldn't feel the same way and it would total our friendship. I completely understand, if you don't feel the same way, but I just wanted to tell you so you would finally know the truth on my feelings." He finishes as he awkwardly smiles at me (I mean his smile is kind of adorable but...) ,and of course, like the little awkward girl I am, I am frozen in place with nothing to say.

As I awkwardly stare back at Ethan with my blank, green eyes, I abruptly feel two large arms being wrapped around my waist and then next thing I know is I'm being thrown onto the bean bag that rests beside the couch and Grayson falls right beside me and laughs as I gasp in shock.

I turn and sternly look at Grayson, who is still laughing at me, but seeing him laugh adorably only makes me smile and giggle too. I can't help it. I really can't.

After all the laughter finally dies off, I turn to look up at Ethan again only to see him standing there, with misty eyes, and when I open my mouth to apologize, he turns around and shuffles away towards his room.

Now I feel awful. I mean is there feelings there that I never thought I had for him? I mean he's the one that likes me...not Grayson. Wait, no of course not! I love Grayson...right?

Suddenly, all these emotions start to take over my tense body and sorrowing tears begin to take their place in my eyes but I have to keep them back.

Eventually, I tell Gray that I'm sorry and push my self up off the bean bag to go talk to Ethan.

    Stepping one foot at a time, cautiously, slowly into Ethan's room, I spot him lying face down on his bed. His back slowly rising and falling again with each quiet breath.

     "Ethan, I'm sorry." I apologize softly to him as I sit down on the edge of his bed, my legs dangling off the side.

    "Why? You didn't do anything wrong." He explains as he turns to sit up and face me.

    "I don't know, E. I'm just sorry.  And I'm sorry about Gray! I didn't know he was going t-" But before I can finish my apology, he cuts me off with a very unexpected kiss. I mean, his lips are pretty soft, and comforting, and gentle...it feels so wrong but...oddly right.

    I kiss him back, obvious to realizing what I'm doing. What have I gotten myself into now...

    While Ethan and I are kissing, I don't even notice Grayson walking in on us.

    "Hey, I just wanted to see what was wro-" Grayson stops as he spots me and Ethan. I jerk away from Ethan to look up at Grayson, who keeps looking back to me and then to Ethan, then to me, and then to Ethan like he's a broken record.

    "Grayson, I-"  He turns and walks out of the room before I finish. I hear him opening the balcony door then slowly closing it behind him.

    "Ugh, Grayson, wait!" As I apologize to Ethan, I jump up and head out the door, this time chasing after Grayson.