Living Again~ Nineteen

CHAPTER 19

Today, we were holding a proper celebration for Ethan's little sister, Casey. What am I supposed to wear? I wondered idly while looking into my wardrobe. I knew I was over-thinking but I couldn't help it. Ethan had kissed me last night... multiple times. That had to mean something... right?

I had no idea what Casey wanted to do for her birthday. I knew it must be something outdoors because after the horrendous party her mom threw her last night I knew she would just want to do something casual and fun. I picked out my clothes accordingly, just black skinny jeans and a long white tank top. I decided to wear a layered silver necklace so the outfit doesn't look too plain.

I left my clothes and accessories on the bed and took a shower. After I was done I wrapped a towel around myself and got out of the bathroom to get my clothes. I stopped short.

A gasp escaped my lips. Ethan was there lying on my bed. He turned his head to look at me and I watched as his eyes went wide. I clutched onto the towel tighter self-conciously as he got a look at my appearance. Then he smirked, "Sorry, Claire told me to go up to your room to wait."

I nodded and just looked at him, too embarassed to say anything. I knew it wasn't a big deal, the towel covered me down to my knees but I still felt my face flush. I waited for him to leave, "So.. can you like... get out?"

Gosh, I sound so pathetic. This was so embarassing, I could barely look at him in the eye. He sighed loudly and got up. I saw he was dressed casually too. He walked to the door really slowly. Ugh, I wished he would just get out of there so I could get some clothes on! 

I sighed in relief as I saw him open the door. But then he locked it. Crap. My breath caught up. What was he doing? He turned around and walked toward where I stood horrified. He only stopped when he was right in front of me. 

"E-Ethan, w-what are you d-doing?"

He leaned in and whispered in my ears, "This."

Then he put a hand around me waist and pulled me towards him. He planted his lips on mine firmly. At first I was hesitant, still clutching onto the towel just in case it fell off but then he fumbled his hands over mine and loosened my grip. Thankfully, the towel remained where it was so I wrapped my arms around him and deepened the kiss. I could feel him smiling at this. 

When the moment was over, he was grinning down at me. "Think you better get dressed now."

I nodded, feeling a little light headed. I came back to reality and looked at how the towel was almost falling off. I clutched at it tightly. Then I realised he hadn't moved an inch. His eyes were intent on mine, watching me closely. I ducked my head down, I could feel my cheeks burning with shame.

Then he once again leaned into me and whispered roughly, "You have nothing to be ashamed of. You look beautiful."

After that he turned around and walked out the door. 

I felt so... special. It was amazing, the feeling was something I've never experienced before. But then, why did I still feel like I might not be ready for where this was heading?

I put the thoughts away and got dressed hurriedly and literally sprinted down the stairs and ended up running right into Ethan's arms. He just chuckled and we got in his car. 

"Why isn't Casey with you?" I asked.

He shrugged, "She said she'll meet us there with Brianna."

Shit, I had completely forgotten about the fact that Brianna was going to be there. As much as I hated to admit it, I was actually kind of nervous about meeting her, since the last time I saw her she was ready to do anything to put me down. But apparently she had changed and cut off her friendship with Rebecca. I just hoped she wasn't going  to diss me again. Ethan seemed to trust her, which was good. They had been best friends since childhood. I actually felt sort of jealous, I wished I had met him when we were just kids.