Coming Out (Architechs)

I got this little idea after Iskall said Nonbinary rights. I just wanted to write something fluffy - so this is just Iskall tellin' the boys he's nonbinary.

----------

Iskall entered the meeting room quickly through the broken window, crashing into the parrot room and taking a couple hearts of damage. He'd done the same maneuver without fail countless times before but today was different. He was nervous. 

He was thankful that he was first to the meeting as usual, so that he could take his time to gather his thoughts and composure. Just as he was about to take his seat, the sound of rockets could be heard approaching Sahara. A second later, Grian zipped through the same window and stuck his landing in his chair - as usual. 

"Hey, Iskall!" Grian giggled, "You've got somethin' on your face!"

"Oh, I do?" Iskall reached up to touch his face "what is it?" 

"Here, let me get it." Grian crawled across the table and gently plucked the feather from Iskall's beard. "Just a stray feather!" He held it up for Iskall to see. 

"AH! I wonder how that got there…" Iskall laughed nervously

"Iskall.. Did you crash into the parrot room?" 

"No, I didn't. I may not be as good of a flier as you, but I'm not that bad!"

"Iskall, this is one of Ari's feathers. You crashed, didn't you?" Grian teased as he waved the feather in Iskall's face. 

Iskall scoffed and shoved Grian's hand away. 
"Yeah. I crashed. So what?" 

Grian giggled again and before he could respond, more rockets drew their attention to an incoming Mumbo.

"Well, well. Late again!" Grian shouted before Mumbo could even land. 

"Look -" Mumbo started, shouting back. He clumsily landed on the table before continuing. "I was at the Industrial District again, okay? You know how far that it is!" 

"Excuses, don't you agree Iskall?" 

"Wha- I. Besides! I'm only like a minute late!" 

"Yeah, I agree. That's just an excuse Mumbo, sorry." Iskall nodded and started laughing with Grian. 

"Jeez you guys…" 

After Grian and Iskall were finished laughing, they all settled into their chairs. Well, except for Iskall who was still nervous for what was to come. 

"Well, shall we get started boys?" Grian started. 

"What was this meeting for again?" 

Grian sighed. "C'mon Mumbo…" 

"What? I was just told there was a meeting and - " 

"Iskall called us here for -" Grian paused, realizing that he didn't even know himself, and switched his attention from Mumbo to Iskall. "- yeah, what are we here for?" 

Both of them fixed their attention on Iskall as he stood up. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. 

"Are you.. okay?" Mumbo asked softly "did something happen?"

Iskall was tense as he looked at his friends, their concerned gazes said it all. they could already tell he wasn't being himself.
"They're such good friends. To notice so quickly…" 

He took another deep breath, fidgeting with his cuffs. 

"You can tell us anything." Grian's sincere voice was clear. Mumbo nodded in agreement. 

Iskall could feel a lump in his throat form as tears threatened to come. He was scared. He had never done anything like this before but he didn't want to keep his friends waiting any longer. He needed to tell them. 

He opened his mouth to speak, the words struggling to come out. 

"I -" His voice broke. "I - uhm need to confess something."

"We're here for you, buddy." It was Mumbo's turn to be sincere. 

Iskall dropped his gaze to the cuff he had been turning in his fingers. "I'm sorry to have called you here just to tell you this… I didn't know how else to -" Grian reached over and squeezed Iskall's shoulder. 

"We're here for you." 

Mumbo walked over to get closer, sitting on the arm rest opposite of Grian. 

"There's no need to apologize." Mumbo gently placed his hand on Iskall's other shoulder. 

"They're so supportive, how could I be so worried, how could I keep this from them for so long?" Tears welled up and one dropped onto his cuff. 

"Thank you, guys.. Uhm," Iskall managed to choke out "I… I've been thinking about this a lot lately and..." He looked up to Grian who was giving a soft smile. 

"It's okay, they'll support me still, right?" 

He looked over to Mumbo who was giving a similar soft expression. Iskall reached up with both of his hands to place one on Grian's and the other on Mumbo's. He closed his eye. 

"Okay you can do it, just tell them."

"I'm… Nonbinary… Agender more specifically." Iskall took a sharp breath in and held it. 

Grian and Mumbo looked at each other and took Iskall's hands in theirs. They leaned in and hugged them in unison. 

"We support you, Iskall." Grian squeezed and he could feel Iskall release a shaky breath. 

"Your identity is valid and I'm so proud of you." Mumbo added. Iskall sniffled and more tears rolled down his cheek. 

"Thank you guys… I just, I was so afraid you would -" 

"Shh, we love you Iskall. It's okay. Now you just gotta let us know what your pronouns are!" Grian loosened his embrace but kept his arms around Iskall. "I'm proud too." He gave Iskall a big smile. 

"They." Iskall stated softly. 

"They it is then." Mumbo said as he too loosened his embrace, smiling. 

"I love you guys, thank you… Thank you so much."

-------------

I wrote this awhile ago and I'm nervous about actually posting it. So, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it.