Chapter One.

Emaza .
It was a cold night at the casino. My daddy wore his gold Versace outfit and our whole family looked amazing. Meeting there my father and brothers had spread leaving me and my sister, (the one who always stayed close to me) name Saiyr looking around the club socializing.

I met up with my daddy's business partner Juan as they were talking business. "What a beautiful girl you have, Carlos." Juan said looking at me. "How Old are you?" He smoked his weed looking at me. "Twenty one." He nodded his head.

My daddy kissed my forehead. "Turn around baby girl." I turned around and looked at the wall. I never seen my daddy actually sell his cocaine.

Just then I started to feel uncomfortable. I seen one of my daddy's enemies. I tapped my father. "Papa who's that?" I said. He looked at me. "What a bad father, a bad husband and a bad drug dealer." He inched closer to me.

"Get outta here baby." My daddy pushed me as hard as he could and pushed my brother Santiaga after me. I heard rounds of bullets and the man who was once standing was covered in blood. Getting confused because so much people were running I didn't know whether to run backstage or out of the entire casino. Just when I was about to make the dumbest decision of my life my brother Santiaga came behind me rushing me out of the casino and into his classic Mercedes Benz.

He was driving 110 in a 65 and I was holding on tight. I knew not to ask about my father because that'll only make the situation worse.

We made it to our mansion and my older brother Alfonso was already there bringing a suit case with him and some of my things to. "Emaza Get into the car." I opened the black SUV door and seen my mother inside stressed out. Her v neck dress was ripped and her hair was kinda messed up but other than that she looked great. "Hija." He grabbed me and held me tight. "Estas bien?" I nodded my head. "I Fine mama what happened to you?" She shook her head.

"El ponemos arriva." She shook her head.

"Who set us up mama?" I shook her harder as she wasn't responding. "Who?!"

"Juan." Tears left my eyes as she said his name. "Papa Okay?" She shook her head. We looked out the window as my fathers black Lamborghini pulled up. "Papa." My mother opened the door and stepped out running to my father he had a lot of blood on his shirt and was holding his ribs. "Baby what happened?" My mother said touching the spot he was protecting.

"The bloods not mines princess. He removed his hand revealing the stack of money. "Juan and Brayan are dead now it's time for us to relocate. Pack everything."

My mother and I were driven to the airport and the next flight to New York was ours.

My mother and father FaceTimed while we were on the private jet. He was explaining to us how he already had a house built up and he was already selling drugs over in New York.

Nyla.
I looked at Carlos then back at our child. "Papi be careful. It's not safe anywhere." I stopped talking as he shushed me. "Benjamin will be taking care of you guys for a few days. I love you Nyla. Kiss Emaza for me." He hung up the phone.

I didn't call him back. I trusted him and I knew he was a man of his word.

It was 1:47 pm when I woke up. I was back in the SUV this time it was silver instead of black I looked next to me and Emaza had her headphones in her ear smacking on a jr bacon cheeseburger. "Here." Benjamin passed me a Wendy's back. I immediately felt dirty.

The fact that I didn't shower disgusted me. "How close are we?" I asked sipping my drink. "One mile. You are to go rest as soon as you get there. Those are orders from your husband." I nodded my head. I reached into my purse for my phone.

"Carlos instructed me to throw it away. Juan had all of your numbers tracked. When you arrive the new phone should be waiting for you in the bed somewhere."

"Carlos already been to New York?" He nodded his head. "You two slept in the hotel together last night. Don't you remember?" I shook my head. "I consumed a lot of alcohol before going to the casino Ben." I looked back at Emaza for conformation.

"Did we go to a hotel last night? Was daddy there?" I whispered in her ear. She nodded her head. "Daddy told me that you wouldn't remember a thing. You have to stay off that alcohol mama." I looked at her blankly as she scolded me. I didn't let her talk back to me like that but I knew she was right.

I opened the door to the New York mansion and went into the kitchen

I opened the door to the New York mansion and went into the kitchen. I needed some real food and most importantly I needed to shower. "Mama." I looked at Saiyr as she approached me in her white lace Gucci dress and freshly manicured toes. "Your sister and her husband are in the back."

Instead of rushing to go see them I trotted upstairs to take a 10 minute bath and get all dolled up. I refused to be seen in this attire especially the one I wore last night.

I went into the bathroom and stepped into the single shower and lathered the honey and plum body wash into my loofah. After wetting my water wave hair and slipping on my nude target dress I revealed my lime green polished toes and coated lotion on my nails. I made sure everything looked perfect before I stepped in the back patio where la familia was.

"Nyla." They shouted. "babies." I shouted. I always called them the cousins. There was Zara and Alex. They looked good enjoyed parting.

"Man Carlos invited us. We love the place man." Alex said wrapping his arms around me.

"He let you guys stay?" I Said sounding excited. They nodded they're heads.

"He even let us pick out some clothes." Zara said. Her voice all high pitched.

They both raced to the guest rooms getting ready to catch up.