CHP10: MEET RAY

1 Month Later

Ebone walks out her room and flopped on the couch next to Jewel who was doing her homework.

"I'm so over college I'm bout to drop out and start stripping."

"Let me know who hiring " Jewel looked over at Ebone and laughed.
"I been working on this paper for three days. This professor is not playing about this class"

"I just finished homework for three classes. I need a break. OH! My show is about to come on."

Ebone grabbed the remote and flipped through channels. Jewel continued typing on her laptop switching her eyes back and both between the tv and computer screens. "I have to get an "A" in this class." Jewel explained

"If I get anything lower than a B my GPA drops again not having that happen." Ebone said

"Now where she got her hair that color. Whew chile the ghetto."

"Jay, they didn't have to do her hair like that haha"

Jewel eventually closed up here laptop and got on her phone. She looked at Ebone who was smiling at her lock screen.

" What you smiling at. Who you texting" Jewel asked

"My lil boo I met at the club. His name is Ray and he looks good. He from the east side."

"Oh the same guy you went to see when you dropped me off at AJ spot? Is he going to be bae soon. Y'all been kicking it for a couple months"

"I think so. We made a nice connection so fast. He seems like he's really in to me. He likes to come over here so I don't have to drive. You always gone when he comes over. Oh yea how's you and AJ lil thing going?" Ebone nudged Jewel with her elbow.

Jewel smiles and blushes.

"Wow I missed him coming over? Bring him over in a couple days so I can meet him. Me and AJ...It's going good. I'm dating my best friend, makes me happy. Not to mention the great sex too. We good though. I like what we got going on." she explained

"Aww look at yall two, good. I'm happy for you Jay."

The girls kept talking about their guys and things trending on social media. Hours flew by and the girls got ready for bed.

2 Days Later..

Ebone and Ray walk in the apartment. "Jewel we're back" Ebone yelled out.

Jewel walked out the room. "Hey nice to finally meet you Ray." Jewel waved.

"What's up. Nice to meet you".

Ray had a thin mustache and full beard. He was about the same brown skin tone as Ebone. He had an expensive watch and chains on. They sat down on the couch watched tv. They told stories about drunk nights, high school memories and movies. "Pull up Netflix we gotta watch that" Ray said the girls laughed and agreed.

"Oh before I forget come look at this outfit and tell me if I should keep it or return it. We'll be right back."

Ebone smiled at Ray. Jewel sat her phone down on the couch and they walked into Ebone's room. Ebone's room door was left open with the door cracked slightly.

Ray stood up and walked to the room door and put his ear to the crack to make sure the girls were busy. He walked over to Jewels phone. He pulled a small black box with an aux plug out his pocket and into her phone.

Her screen went black then a green circle spent around. He looked at the door nervously then back at the phone. A green check mark came on the screen then her phone unlocked. He taps on the message icon scrolled threw messages until he found what he was looking for "AJ" and a black heart emoji next to his name.

He scrolled through their messages. He saw he tells Jewel he's on the way or making plays. He then goes to Ebone's message thread. He sees them talk about girl things.

Ray scrolls back further rushing to find something worth mentioning. He sees messages of the girls talking about him. He laughs softly to himself. He looks up as he hears the girls voices get louder. Then sees a message from Jewel catch his eye.

Jewel: Yea it's gas. I think it came from Cali. That's what AJ said the weed came from.

"Okay okay. Cali." he nods his head.

Ebone's room door starts to open he hurries puts the block back in his pocket and sits the phone on the table then walks towards them.

'What you doing?" Ebone and Jewel looked at him strange as he walked up to them.

"I was jus looking out the window. I gotta go though Eb. I'll come kick it with you tomorrow."

He gives Ebone a hug with a kiss and throws his head up at Jewel. "Iight Jewel, bye."

He fixes his chains and walks out. Jewel walks over to the couch to grab her phone where she left it but it wasn't on the couch. She looks over and grabs it off the table she stood there thinking to herself.

"What is it?" Ebone asked her

"Uh.. nothing. I thought I left my phone on the couch but its on the table."

"What you think about him?"

"Made a good first impression he seems cool to me." Jewel smile at Ebone then went into her room and closes her door. She calls AJ but gets no answer but he sends a text message.

AJ: I'm at wrk bby. I'll come get you when I get off in the morning. See you lata.

Jewel: See you in the morning babe

=========================