Chapter 18

∞*∞ Bailey's POV ∞*∞

I had missed dinner and Dumbledore's speech, but I honestly didn't care. I had run straight upstairs.

I couldn't cry. I didn't have the energy. I knew Harry didn't really mean it, but it still hurt.

Sure, I don't know exactly what he's going through, but I've done half of the same adventures he has.

I helped him through the chamber to the Philosophers Stone. I may have not gone to the Chamber of Secrets, but I did get taken to the Chamber and taken over by Voldemort. Which was just as scary as what he did.

That whole experience was mortifying for me. I may not have done all the things he has -- nobody has -- but he doesn't have to be rude about it.

When Hermione and Becca came upstairs, they looked worried.

"Bailey, I'm sure he didn't-" Hermione started.

I cut her off. "'Mione, it's fine. Really."

"Well, he could have been nicer about it! The prick." Becca grumbled. "By the way, Papa wants to talk to you. I think he saw you leave the Hall early and got worried. He's in the Common Room."

I nodded. "Okay, I'll be back later." I slowly walked out of the room and made my way downstairs.

Papa was standing in the middle of the room, politely smiling at students and grinning at certain things in the common room.

"Hello, Pa- Professor. " I corrected myself, seeing that there were others in the room.

"Ms. Black." He nodded. "May I speak to you for a moment?"

" Of course, Professor."I smiled.

He lead me out of the common room, through the portrait hole. I passed Harry and Ron on the way out. I tried not to glance at them, but I couldn't help it.

Harry had a look of guilt on his face. I couldn't help but hope that was meant for me. Ron had a look of disappointment and remorse on his face.

Once we got outside, he turned into Papa again.

''Alright, what's going on? What happened?" He said, in a fatherly manner.

"Nothing!" I said too quickly. He raised his eyebrows. I nodded but I knew it wasn't very beliveable. " I just wasn't very hungry."

" Uh-huh." He mused. 'Try again."

I sighed. "Harry just said somethings."

"And what did he say?"  I took a deep breath.  I knew he was going to end up as protective father, and possibly call Dad. "Bailey..." He said warningly.

I sighed again. "He was complaining about fainting, and I told him he was just a bit more vulnerable, and he freaked out on me a bit." I summed up.

"Yes, but what did he say?"

"He said that he didn't want to be vulnerable..." I trailed off.

"And?" Papa urged.

"And he said that I didn't understand what he was going through.  He said shut up, and that I didn't know what I was talking about." I said hesitantly.

Papa immediately became angry.

"Papa, he didn't mean it!" I protested. "He's scared, that's all. You know he can be sensitive sometimes."

Papa slowly calmed down at my words.

"I suppose," He breathed.  "But he still shouldn't have said that to one of my little girls."

I tried not to smile at his comment of my little girls, but I failed.

"What?" He cocked his head.

"Nothing." I grinned. "Your little girls?"

Papa blushed and cleared his throat. "Alright, Ms. Black. I think it's time you go up to bed."

"Yes, sir." I held back a giggle and climbed back through the portrait hole. I waved at Papa one last time before the door closed.

I quickly made my way upstairs and made my way to the dormitory.

"Is he mad?" Becca asked as soon as I sit the door behind me.

"He was for awhile, but I calmed him down before he could blow his top." I answered, climbing onto my bed.

"Is he going to tell your dad?" Hermione questioned from her bed. She was wearing a pink nightgown and hugging her knees to her chest, her hair in an unruly ponytail and she had  her chin resting on her knees.

I shrugged. "Probably. Hopefully he'll take it more calmly than Papa did."

Becca laughed. "Doubt it. He may be a prankster, but he's still a dad, and his girls come first." Becca was lying on her bed with her head at the end post. Her head on a pillow and she was throwing a Quaffle at the wood above her bed. She was wearing her usual blue and black flannel pajama pants and Papa's old Gryffindor over sized shirt.

"Yeah, probably. I just hope he won't go dad-crazy." I said. I got up from my bed and made my way to my trunk. I pulled out my pj's and threw them on. I wore simple black fluffy bottoms and Dad's over-sized Old Gryffindor sweater.

I shut my trunk and turned off the lights. I crawled onto my bed and snuggled myself under the covers, shutting my curtains.

"Do you forgive Harry?" Hermione asked quietly.

"There's nothing to forgive." I said shortly.

"Why?" Becca asked.

"Because I know he didn't mean it." I answered.

There was silence for a few moments.

"Alright." The two chorused.

"Goodnight." I breathed.

"Night." Becca replied sleepily.

"Goodnight. " Hermione said.

A few moments later, Becca's snores filed the room. And I followed a few moments later.

∞*∞

A/N: It's just a filler, but I still wanted to update.  Love you!