Guilt

I scrambled around my room, throwing clothes into a small suitcase. The smell of blood stained my senses and the ringing of the gunshot bounced around in my ears.
I shot Kaname.
My heart had yearned for this day for so long, however, now that the deed is done, I pray I should be undone in his stead. I snapped the suitcase closed and ran out to the balcony, my feet screeching to a halt. Tears pooled in my eyes as I gently set the suitcase on the ground before slinking over to my bed. I sat on the edge of the bed, tossing the gun onto the floor.

================================

My eyes snapped open as I jolted upward my gaze meeting the dark figure in the corner of my room. I grabbed my gun and pointed it at the figure in the shadows.
"Oh please, not this again."
"Kaname..?" I questioned as I slowly inched toward the light switch and turned it on. He sat slouched in the chair, his head looming over his chest before he groggily swayed it onto the headrest. His skin was paler than usual but his coy faded smile remained.
"What are you doing here?" I whispered.
"I see you were going to skip school without me," Kaname stated as he gestured to the suitcase on the floor. "That's not very nice of you, after all we've been through?"
"Get away from me," I swallowed as he inched closer to me. I rested my hand against his side before sliding it up to his chest where the bullet dwelled beneath his porcelain skin.
"I said stop!" My voice shouted before shoving him away from me. Kaname stepped toward me, grabbing my chin and pulling my face inches away from his as his other hand firmly grasped my free forearm.
"You spoiled brat. Do you really think I care about your wishes?" He spat, his eyes piercing through me. "I'm here to warn you. The next time you bare arms against me I'll have your head. Or better yet, Yuki's."
"You, love her..."
"Not as much as I hate you." Kaname released me from his grasp however remained to tower over me.
"I thought I loved you. But you almost took my life for yourself. You haven't changed like.... I thought you did," Kaname sniffled before wiping away stray tears.
"Good bye, Zero."