➴ chapter one

'damn it! i swear i did!'
'well too bad, looks like you're getting detention today, miss victoria.'

-

it was a breezy summer-
no it was fucking raining. the wind was blowing rain into her face as she stood at the front porch of the condominium and checked her watch. it was 7.30.

'fuck. if i don't hurry i'm going to be late again.'

not having enough time to check if she put her homework into her bag, she ran to the bus stop nearby and ended up taking bus 74.

by the time she got to school, she was given a detention warning as she was ten minutes late.

'my day can't get any worse. fuck the school.'

-

'everyone present?'

'yes mr lee.'

the teacher clapped his hands together.

'we shall begin then. hand up your homework. potential gravitational energy, physics two.'

victoria remembered spending all afternoon working on it. she searched her bag for her homework file. 'oh shit.' she said a little too loud for the teachers' liking.

'victoria? where's your homework.'

'at home...'

'you not only sweared, but you didn't do your homework too?'

'damn it! i swear i did!'

'looks like you're getting detention today, miss victoria. go sit next to de liang already would you?' mr lee impatiently chided her.

victoria was shuffling her feet, face red with sweat rolling down the base of her neck. it was the boy she's had a crush on for years. de liang. it all started in primary school, when she had tuition with him...

now, she didn't like to call it a crush. 'my love' with five heart shapes next to it. de liang's contact name in her phone.

de liang was chinese, and victoria was korean. victoria also had three chinese best friends, bridgette, misha and kayla, a japanese best friend, christie, and a korean best friend kymi. she also had an australian-korean best friend caitlin.

kymi is dating lee jeno, the duo both part of the schools' gymnastics team. they're couple goals, exactly what victoria wanted with de liang. kymi liked de liang's personality, he was kymi-approved. thought that was just because kymi liked that sort of boys, like jeno.

being in a school with all mixed races, it was easy for victoria to say that the school didn't exactly have the most accepting people towards the japanese kids.

christie is always in the middle of the bullying cases, but she didn't give two fucks. she would just bully them back. christie could also be called yura, yuta's little sister. most of the time though, she would be known as christie.

bridgette is a rebellious and seemingly annoying-when-you-first-meet-her type of girl, but she is so soft and kind hearted. she would hug christie and make sure she eats all her food. she was rather soft and sweet for caitlin, kayla and kymi. she cared a lot for victoria and misha too. it's just her way of expressing it.

kayla is like her mom. 'go to bed vivi.' 'what time are you sleeping vivi?' 'eat well vivi.' 'oh my god are you sick, vivi? do you need to see a doctor?' it's just kayla for you. kayla's overly concerned attitude scares her sometimes, but they love each other as best friends nonetheless.