Author's Note

You wouldn't believe how long I've spent just on one chapter. Writing and rewriting. Revision after revision. Writers blocks and lack of enthusiasm. You name it. Ironically enough this story that's caused me so much frustration has become my writing obsession. I want to see it through to the end, or as close to the end as I can hopefully take it.

It's about time I finally started putting this out there. It'll be enough encouraging to just keep whittling away; turn it into something well worth reading. 

A little background:

Toward the beginning of the year [2019] I had a dream that became the basis an inspiration for this story. There were no clear faces or recognizable names. Instead, all I could make out were two figures - black silhouettes contrasting starkly against a white snow - that seemed in a state of panic. They were running. I'm not sure from who or what. In hindsight, it sounds like a dumb dream, but it's just one of those things that has an odd impact on you and won't get out of your head. Like a stray thought or a good song. 

I started filling out the blanks to this dream. Who could they be? What were they doing? Who were they running from? It was a lot of questions that I personally wanted answered in a satisfying manner. Thus comes the aforementioned obsession to getting this to feel... you know, getting it to feel right.

As of writing this, October 18, it took me almost a whole year to get a single part done. I can only hope I'll keep at it.

To those who've stumbled into this story, I appreciate you taking the time to read all this. I hope you enjoy what's to come. I'll give it my best, for however much that might be worth.

Be aware, the story will be rated Mature. I'm not one to shy away from such themes as violence and sexuality, and this story will have both.

To all the readers out there - Thank you.