A Life: Retold

Prologue

       If there were one thing I never expected from my life, it would be this story. I swear, it was the craziest time of my life. I never meant for it to happen, but I guess that’s what life does to you. It screws with your head until you don’t have a clue of what’s right and what’s wrong. I never thought any of this would happen to me, especially in less that a year and a half. I mean if I didn’t let that one event, that one life- altering moment, happen, I would probably still be here to tell the story.  But hey, at least I could write about it for you to read. So if you read this then maybe, just maybe, you won’t have to go through what I did. So not exactly “read it and weep” but read and learn from my mistakes…

                     My name is     

                       Mellissa…

                  This is my story…

Chapter one

      You know how most people think that you see your whole life flash before your eyes before you die. Well that isn’t exactly true. It’s more like the greatest hits, the best moments you’ve experienced. For me it was spending time with my friends, my family, my first kiss, and the first girl I punched (yes, that was actually fun). You know, you don’t even see a white light; it just, all goes black. Maybe it is different for other people, I guess I will never know.

     I’m Mellissa, Mel for short, I am 16 years old, I have brown hair and blue eyes, I have a big brother who is in the Navy, serving on the USS Louisville just like my dad. Last but not least I have exactly 10 best friends (real ones), but we will talk about them later. I am a junior in high school and I know I will be devastated when I leave. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you about me so that you kinda have an idea of who I am.

       So I don’t know if you wanted to start before the incident or what happened during, so I will just start at the day it all happened. The day my life turned upside down. I would also call it, the beginning of the end of my life. The life that I will always know, at least.