My Familiar

There he stood. I wasn't even sure if it was a he. I wasn't sure at all what it was. It looked like a normal human, or wizard exept for the long,pointed thing sticking out of his head,like he had been impaled with a sword only backwards.

His hair was mostly white,with streaks of purple and blue fluttered around. His eyes sparkled as if all that filled them was capsules of glitter. He was stunning,and he was my familiar.
__________
I've never been very good at magic. I'm in the bottom of all of my classes and my wand,well it's practically useless. However I can't upgrade it until I pass my exams,which I haven't managed to do in two years.

Today was the final exam of the semester,the exam that determined a big part of your future as a witch or wizard. The familiar summons.

A familiar is a wizard or witches companion that helps them with anything and everything the need or want ,and the only way to get one is through the summons.

The spell to cast a familiar is the most difficult spell you can do in your first-third years at the academy.
I was year three,as was everyone else who started the academy the year I did. But my entire future at the academy depended on this day. If I couldn't summon a familiar,I would have no choice but to leave the academy,a deal I made with my father and mother at the start of the year. A deal that I was almost sure I would lose.
____________
Our wands were at the ready,pointed at a perfect forty-five degree angle towards the sky. I jittered around nervously,my wand shaking in my hand.
My father and mother stand at the side,observing.
I was doomed.

I recited the words in my head. Over and over again.

"Wands at the ready!" I heard the spectator chant. "And now!"

"To all the magical creatures of the universe,heed my summoning and bring forth my familiar." I chanted and blue streaks left my wand,exploding out of the end,tearing my wand in two.

I looked down in defeat. Not only did the spell fail,but my wand was destroyed.

"What's that?" I heard a voice whisper next to me. I popped my head up and saw the most beautiful creature in the world standing directly in front of me.

I had summoned my familiar.
The only problem was,what creature was he?

(A/n)

Hello everyone! I'm kind of new to writing Fanfiction so please bear with me. This is the first one I'm fully publishing on Wattpad. I will try to update once a week maybe more if I can,however I do get really busy with my studies so I might not be able to update on a regular basis all the time. I'm putting a lot of effort into this fanfic. It seemed a little bit different from the fanfics I've read in the past,especially about stray kids members. I hope you all enjoy and credits the the artist of the original sketch I found online. It's truly amazing.

(Original art work)