Chapter 1

Kellin sighed as he was dismissed from yet another class that he never wanted to step foot into knowing he would just get Deadnamed and misgendered. He had told his teachers that he wanted to be called Kellin but it hadn’t made a difference. They told him that his parents had to put it on the records and sign him up as Kellin. Kellin walked into his next class the only class he actually enjoyed. 

    “Good Afternoon Kells,” Mrs. Blackwood said as Kellin walked in. 

    “Oh, you too Mrs. BlackWood” Kellin said he was happy that he could be himself in art, well that was until the other kids came in. 

    “Hello, Mrs,” Some kid said.

“Oh hello, You must be Victor Fuentes, Right?” She said and the kid nodded.

“Well, you and Kellin are my only two students in this class because the other students are on a field trip that You and Kellin didn’t go on because Kellin didn’t want to and you just started this week and hadn’t heard anything of this matter,” Mrs. Blackwood said. Vic smiled over at Kellin who sat drawing already. 

“Oh Mrs. Blackwood I go by Vic and not Victor,” He said breaking the silence. 

“Alright I’ll be sure to remember that,” she said as Vic went and sat with Kellin. He started to draw and smiled over at Kellin. 

“You’re really good,” Vic said pointing to his drawings. 

“Thank You,” Kellin said with a smile never leaving his face. The good thing about Vic is that he didn’t know Kellin’s deadname and he didn’t know that Kellin was still a Girl. Before Kellin knew it his class was over. He out and to his locker. He let out a sigh. 

“Hey Katrina,” One of the popular jocks said from Kellin

“That isn’t my name,” Kellin said. 

“Well your still a girl no matter what you say you just want to be a boy and not a girl but guess what I hate to break it to you but Honey you’re still a girl!”

“No, I’m not, and it’s not your personal life last I knew!” Kellin said and walked away after he got his things out of his locker and slammed it in the jock’s face. Kellin felt the burning feels of tears in his eyes. No, he wasn’t going to cry! He ran his long sleeve over his eyes to stop the tears and stopped them from falling, While doing this he ran into someone. 

“Oh.. I… I wasn’t watching where I was going I’m most sorry..” Kellin stuttered out as best as he could. Not noticing that it was Vic. 

“Oh, that’s fine” Vic said and helped kellin pick up his stuff that dumped out of his backpack since kellin hadn’t zipped it up wanting to just get away from the transphobic Stupid popular jock. 

“Are you okay, I noticed that you were running?” Vic asked pushing Kellin’s chin up. 

“I’m fine just some stupid jerk making fun of me for being t… Yeah never mind” Kellin said with a dry laugh. 

“Trans?” Vic said finishing the sentence Kellin regretted even starting. Kellin nodded scratching at his arm where old scars lay untouched and unwanted. 

“Hey, that’s okay! My sister’s trans to female! I have no reason to support one and not the other and I can’t say anything because I’m in the LGBTQIA+ group I’m not Trans but yeah” Vic rambled on. Kellin was Trans and Bi and thought Vic was kinda cute if he was being honest. 

“Oh, I’m Trans and Bi,” Kellin said a bit nervous still. 

“Oh I’m well Gay,” Vic said a blush going to his face. 

“Cool,” Kellin said and handed Vic his Number. 

“Call me sometime,” Kellin said with a smile and Vic nodded in a dreamy mind state so kellin walked out the school doors.