Together At Last

Rei rode over the blew skies holding the pink haired girl gently in her arms. She hadn't travelled far away from home. And that green liquid had to be washed from her wound. "Serah was just like this" she thought to herself. Charizard soon swooped down and landed in the garden in front of her house. Rei's mom wasn't at home. She used a spare key to open the front door.

She carried the girl inside and called Charizard back into his pokeball. She took her upstairs to her room and laid her on her bed. She quickly filled her bathtub with warm water. She looked at her own wrist the blood on it had dried but the wound was still open. She walked back to the girl. Without wasting anytime for any foolish thoughts she took off the girls clothes and carried her to the bathtub. The wound on the girls chest was not that deep but it was the green poison like liquid that bothered Rei. "It does have the capability to kill ...... the cure didn't work last time.."

She took the girl and carefully laid her down in the bathtub. The warmth of the water instantly brought the girl to her senses. She looked down, looked at Rei screamed an ear piercing scream and slapped Rei.
"Get out!" she screamed. The half suprised half scared Rei fled out if the bathroom.

"Ouch that really hurt" Rei complained rubbing her cheek.
"hmph, I was only trying to help"  while back in the tub the pink haired girl wondered where she was. This wasn't her home,  definetely not even though it was a place she had never been to she felt oddly peaceful. The warmth of the water was comforting. She didn't know why she felt like this.

She looked down at the scar on her chest. A green liquid oozed out of it. She tried washing it off but it still didn't work. "Ugh that bastard... what is this ?"
She faintly remembered what had happened "that guy in black had pinned me down... was it that girl who saved me ?"

On the other hand Rei had collected the girls clothes washed them and hung them out to dry.
She quietly left a towel for the other girl. After finishing her wash the girl grabbed the towel and wrapped herself in it. She stepped out of the washroom. Rei was sitting on her bed waiting for her. "Ah I'll be outside ..um get some rest.." Rei said as she walked away .The strawberry blonde didn't hear her she was staring at Rei's wound it was pretty deep. She had her towel held in one hand and with the other she gently grabbed Rei's other wrist and made her sit down to look at it. The blonde knelt on the floor.

Rei was embarrassed "It's ..its nothing don't worry ! ..."
"you saved me didn't you ?"
there was a grateful glint in the girls eyes. "I'm sorry I hit you.. " she said to herself.
Rei blushed and looked away she nodded. "I'll get you some clothes"
The girl suddenly realised she was wrapped only in a towel.
A deep red crept up her cheeks.

Just then they both heard hurried footsteps up the steps. The girl caught Rei's arm "not again! " she wailed.
The door was yanked open. Rei's mom entered in a hurry "Rei ! why did you come bac...." she started.

For five solid seconds she just started at the scene in front of her both the girls faces undeniably red. "Oh I'm so sorry Rei! I didn't know you were so fast !!" Rei's mom stammered. She hurriedly closed the door.
"Mom! its nothing like that !" Rei shouted. The girl still had her hand on her arm. Rei looked at her hand and then awkwardly looked at the girl. The girl left Rei's hand.

Rei got up "Well let's get you some clothes first, then we'll sort out stuff with my mom" Rei grinned. "okay" the girl smiled at her. Rei blushed a tiny bit. "Ah I almost forgot .. what's your name?" the girl laughed "I don't really have a name ... I don't even know who my parents are ....".
"I'm sorry" Rei said sympathetically
"Don't really need to be .. I've made my peace with it, though I'd really like to know who my parents are..."

They remained silent for a while.
Finally the girl spoke up "Hey what about the clothes ? or do you prefer me staying like this you little perv ?"
the girl laughed Rei joined her. Rei liked her already she handed her a random Tshirt and pants. The girl went to the washroom to change. When she came out she realised that the Tshirt was too big for the girl "Come with me" she showed her a little closet. "In there?" Rei realised that she was a little afraid of dark places.

Rei gently took her arm and led her inside. The closet had a door at the back. Rei opened the door and led her down steps. There were a lot of steps. "This leads underground I suppose" the girl said. "Yeah your right" Rei said "Ah we're here" She opened another door with a number combination.

She entered and led the girl behind her. The room was very spacious. Manga collections, pokemon action figures, pokemon cards ... This place had a lot of cool stuff !!
Rei opened another closet filled with clothes. "Pick what you like" The girl looked amazed "Woah! how many clothes do you have ?
Rei scratched the back of her neck with her hand "Well all of that of is pretty much my mom's doing ..., I don't like frilly stuff see if you like anything ..."

The girl rummaged through the closet trying to see if there was anything she liked ... She suddenly exclaimed as she pulled out a pink hoodie "this is cute"
she hugged it.
Rei looked at her "she's cute" she said to herself. Rei managed to look away before the girl caught her staring.

After picking out her favourite clothes, the girl changed into them. She twirled in front of Rei.
"How do I look ?" she asked. Rei looked at her and blushed "Cu....     you look g..good" she stammered. "Thanks" the girl replied "your awfully shy inspite of what you did" she teased.

Rei looked at her wide eyed "y-you remembered ?" Rei couldn't lock eyes with the girl "Why is she so chilled about this?" it didn't make sense to Rei. "Well you are kinda cute I don't mind you being my first" Rei stared at her for a bit. "well ... I'm sorry it was sudden" the girl looked at her "Don't be well you saved me ... If you hadn't rescued me I would've pretty much been dead"

There was silence ....Rei spokeup "We have to think of a name for you"
"well nobody's really bothered to call me anything before"
"I'm gonna bother now ... you have anything in mind ?"
"Hmm let's see your names Rei ... I want something cool like that"
"How did you know ?" Rei asked a bit puzzled
"Your mom" the girl reminded
"Ah yeah ... so ... I want to call you uh Kristen !" Rei exclaimed
Kristen laughed "I can't deny your enthusiasm, okay call me Kris for short"
Rei looked pleased, she giggled "Thankyou"

They both laughed for a bit
"Kris..." Rei said happily
"yeah ?"
"I'm just happy to call you that"
"I'm glad to hear that .... though I must say I'm a bit hungry"
"Uh yeah ... let's go grab a bite ... I'm hungry too"
Kris replaced all the stuff from the closet and shut the door. "This place is pretty huge" she said.
"Well yeah it used to be my dad's lab" Rei sighed "well for now let's get out .. well we can come back later after dinner or something ... I promise to tell you more about it " Kris nodded "Yeah let's go my tummy's growling"
Rei laughed "Also there's my mom to handle"  
"Uh yeah" Kris agreed "I almost forgot"
Rei looked at Kris with a glint in her eye "wanna race me up the stairs ?" Kris looked at her gearing up "Your on !"

They both laughed as they tried to beat each other running up the stairs.