Prologue

It was his funeral. I could not imagine a life without him. He went away leaving me and his brother alone. I stood up to say my speech, "He just went away, never said anything. Never complained and always ready for help. We three of us were a great trio. I never expected it to end this way. We all loved him. But the one who was the closest to him was his brother. They lived apart but had a great bonding. I loved him a lot, we all loved him." I read.

But a sudden realization swept through me, I knew that he loved me. Yes he loved me, I knew it was too late, but still this was the truth. I never loved him but he did. He never spoke a word nor did he complain.

I turned around and the other one was standing there. Full of tears in his eyes so lovely. I chose him, the one who is standing here, but I never wanted the other one to leave me and go forever. "Jess, don't go ever. Please don't leave me alone." He said. "I shall never ever leave you I promise. We both shall miss him. But he would hate it if we shall not move on. So promise me that you would cry no more. Okay?" he nodded. I could not tell him about the letter, if he knew then he might not forgive himself he would take the blame of his brother's death on him. His brother sacrificed his life for us but, if he knew then, everything shall be over. My friend's sacrifice shall go in vain and I won't let that happen.

                                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~*********~~~~~~~~~~