𝙊𝙣𝙚

One year after the events of the last chapters of the first book:

"He's doing doing better after everything. But I think he is faking it. He does this often" Zach said as he sat on a large black couch.

The women nodded. "So... would you say he is distancing himself on things?"

Zach thought for a moment. "I guess so. He doesn't do any of the things he used to. That he loves"

The women smiled sympathetically. "Zach.. Daniel is in shock. He has a right to be but, it's been a little over a year since he found out. He should be recovering quicker than he is. Could we talk a bit about his past?"

Zach's heart clenched. "Yes of course"

"Would you say he has always distanced himself to people he feels vulnerable with? Perhaps Jonah or Corbyn. Even Ethan?"

Zach thought for a moment. "Not really. He was always open with Corbyn. Not Jonah under the circumstances." The women nodded. "Yes I understand. And do you believe him when he says he is fine? Like before he found out about Corbyn's death. Would you say he got over what happened in his youth?"

"I guess so. It was still apart of him obviously but he didn't really think much of what happen."

"And when he found out about Delilah?"

Zach smiled. "He was so scared. It got his mind off of everything. But when we found out about Corbyn it's like he never went back to that. He tries to fake his happiness but I don't think he is 100% happy like he used to be. Like when he was with Corbyn."

The therapist felt this was an odd statement. "Zach can I ask you a personal question?" Zach nodded.

"Would you say you feel Corbyn is still in the picture with him being dead?"

This hit close to home for Zach. His heart hurt thinking about it. Of course he thought that. He knew it would always be Corbyn. and he had to live with that. "Um I would say Corbyn will always be in Daniel's mind and I understand why. But I realize that I take the place of Corby in this situation and I am in love with Daniel. I always have been and always will be."

The therapist nodded. "And that makes you feel less than you should feel in a marriage?"

Zach thought for a moment. It really didn't. He felt love. But not 100% of Daniel's love

"I guess you could say that. But it's okay. We will make it through this. I just know it. It may take a bit but I know we will" Zach started to tear up.

The therapist nodded. "Well I don't want to hassle you today so that will be all. The only thing I want to say is try and take to Daniel. Tell him how you are feelings. The best thing for a relationship that is falling apart is communication"

Zach nodded. "Thank you, I'll see you next week"