Prolouge

I remember the day I first met him. I'd just moved from Miami, Florida to Los Angeles, California. It was my first day at school and he was in my class. As fifth graders they found my amber "wolf" eyes, tall 5'3" height, and extremely pale skin abnormal. I easily became popular and was almost always surrounded by a group of kids. I enjoyed the extra attention- knowing fully well that it was due to the fact that I was both new and different.

I immediately noticed him. He, unlike the rest of them, didn't go out of his way to get my attention. Matter of fact it seemed that I was nonexistent to him. And although I found it strange I really didn't care. That is until he made that stupid remark.

On the second day of school all my classmates had once again gathered in circles around me. Tom, a friend of his, noticed that he wasn't playing with us so he went over to where Dylan was.

"Why aren't you playing with us?" Tom asked Dylan.

"It doesn't look like its fun" Dylan answered.

Tom rolled his eyes and questioned Dylan once more, "Don't you want to get to know the new girl?"

Dylan snorted "Why would I? She's just a freaky looking girl."

At first I thought oh well so a kid doesn't like me, but his dislike turned into bullying. Dylan would mock me every time I spoke, call me ugly, and he even got the boys to follow his lead. They weren't allowed to be my friends or even talk to me or else they would be outcastes. So in order to not to get bullied, they would bully me. Even Tom stopped talking to me, although he didn't bully me, he wasn't my friend.

And with that I was convinced that he was a cruel, cold hearted boy even at the age of ten.