Heron

Told from the eyes of Buzzardstream.

Buzzardstream padded away from the gathering cats, going for her usual hunt. She tasted the air when a different scent came to her. Not prey...

Buzzardstream narrowed her eyes and started to stalk along the scent trail, being as careful and quiet as she could, as if she was stalking a mouse. She reached a bush and ducked her head, stealthily padding through them until she could see what was on the other side.

Spotting the gray-and-white tom drinking from a pond, she watched for a moment before moving closer. She lowered as close as she could to the grass, lashing her tail as she focused even more than she already was.

The black she-cat sprang forward, landing square on the toms back and digging her claws into his shoulders. She lifted her head, yellow eyes squinting, and bit his head, holding on tight and digging her back paws into the dirt.

Heron still managed to knock her off, but only for a moment. The warrior jumped closer and knocked him into the water, hearing him let out a frightened yowl. The death he had coming for him was quite harsh, as the rogue was aquaphobic.

As he rolled over onto his stomach, Buzzardstream jumped onto his back and put her paw on his head, forcing it down into the water. As the tom thrashed and gurgled, she held her ground and kept him underwater.

When his movements ceased, she stayed for a moment longer. She lifted her paw and sniffed his body, smelling death, and not hearing his breathing. She padded away from the pond, proud she had gotten her revenge.