Chapter 1

~~Alex~~

It was late at night and had finished up my work ready to head to bed when I heard a knock at my door.'If it were so late it must've been important'I told myself and headed curiously towards the door.

'I bet it's from John' I thought handling a white letter.This made a rush of relief as I carefully opened it.'If he sent a letter he has to me alive.'I was so happy I didn't take time to look at where it was sent from.My eyes scanned the paper and then again and one last time before I let myself believe what it was about."No..." I croaked voice breaking."He can't be dead..."Tears streamed down my face not stopping like a loose faucet.

Sucking in a deep breath I put the letter down and fell onto my bed cocooning myself in blankets. It seemed like the night would last forever but after three hours my exhaustion from crying had finally kicked in and I seemed to doze off as my eyes closed gently.

~~John~~

My eyes shot open as I felt my chest light up with pain and my head felt worse. All I could remember was getting shot in the chest on the battlefield. It had to be true because of all the blood-soaked bandages around my chest yet I wasn't on the battlefield. Where was I?

Pushing through my pain I stood up looking for any people or signs. A bed I was on a bed that much was clear. I looked around at the dimly illuminated wood room. A candle sat on a desk letting me see the paintings on the walls. Whatever I was I needed to find someone...I didn't know who they were or where they were but there was someone I loved...Someone I needed to find....now!

(Short chapter I know but please enjoy!!)