The Beginning

Third POV:

It all started with a father and a wife that had a daughter, Rosie, and a son, Dean.  At the time Dean was 10 years old and Rosie was 7. The whole family was in a car coming back from a fair. It was 8pm by the time the family started to head back home. When they were heading back a drunk driver was driving on the wrong side of the road. The father saw the car and tried to swerve the car to protect his family thee best he could. But when he swerve the drunk drive hit the side were the mother and Rosie was. As the car hit them the car started to spin and glass was heard shattering and screams. When the spinning stopped the father went to check on his family. When he did he saw his wife had a piece off glass stuck in her stomach, his daughter's head was bleeding and her window was smashed, and his son was trying to control his breathing and go to his younger sister's side. The father held his wife and tried to wake her up. Her breathing was shallow and her heart beat was slowing down. All the father could do was cry and pray that everything was going to be okay.

After a few minutes had pasted and an ambulance was heard in the back. After they arrived the paramedics rushed to the family and got them all out of the car. They took the mother and daughter to the ambulance and started to drive to the hospital. The son and father went to the hospital in a different ambulance. The drunk drive was pronounced dead at the scene.

As the wife and daughter were in the ambulance the mother's heart beat was extremely slow and was losing too much blood from the glass embedded in her stomach. Rosey was losing blood but the paramedics had applied pressure and was trying to stop the bleeding. The ambulance was rushing as fast as they could to try and save both the woman and the child. As they arrived at the hospital the woman and child were both rushed to the operation room.

When the father and son arrived they were checked out. They both had whiplash, bruising, a few broken bones, glass shards, and minor concussions. After 3 hours they were in the waiting room to here about Dean's mother and Rosie. After two more hours a doctor came out and told the two that the woman didn't make because she had internal bleeding and they didn't have enough time to fix all the bleeding that was occurring. The father fell to the floor weeping for his lost love. Dean was in shock but still was able to ask about his sister's conditions. The doctor picked the man up and took him to a chair as Dean followed. As the doctor sat down the father he turned to Dean and said that his sister made it but she had some swelling in her brain and they need to keep her for a few nights.

Two months had passed and and Rosie was able to go back home. Her father signed her release papers and they started to head home . As Rosie saw her father she saw a shell of the man that she once called father. She knew her mother died and that her father would be torn. Everyday her brother came to see her and talk to her. For the first month she was there she kept waking up with night terrors. After the first month the terrors were starting to go away and they were not as bad.

When they reached home Rosie was instantly met with a stench of beer and smoke. She looked to Dean and all he did was shake his head and led her upstairs. Dean lead her to his room, opened the door, and lead her inside. "Do you want to take a shower?" Dean asked her. She nodded and he nudged her to the bathroom. "I'll go get some clothing for you. Do you want one of my hoodies?" Rosie nodded and went to take a shower. After a few minutes there was a knock on the door and Dean came in and put the clothing on the sick top. After Rosie was done showering she got dressed and brushed her hair and teeth. When she was walking out she heard yelling down stairs and smashing. Upon hearing this Dean ran out and looked for Rosie who had just gotten out of the bathroom. Dean grabbed his sister and pushed her into his room, locked his door, and pulled his sister on his bed. 

After about an hour Dean pulled snacks out of his closet and gave some chips to Rosie. "Eat it, we aren't going to have dinner tonight. I'll make a big breakfast tomorrow. Okay?" Rosie nodded and smiled. The whole night Rosie was cuddling with her brother watching 2000's movies. She kept nodding off but was failing to try and stay awake. Cole just smiled at his little sister trying to stay awake and hugs her closer.

Morning had come and the big breakfast that Dean promised his little sister happened. There was bacon, eggs, pancakes, fruit, orange juice, cereal, milk, and waffles. Dean woke Rosie up, picked her up bridal style, and took her to the kitchen. She looked into the kitchen and she instantly smiled, hugged her brother, and kissed his cheek as a thank you. Dean chuckled and placed his sister down and placed a plate of food in front of her. "Eat up sis, you go back to school in a week." At hearing the word school she instantly started to pout. "Come on sis, you get to see all your friends and your favorite teachers." She nods her head and forces a smile. She grabs her food and started to dig in. While Rosie is eating Dean grabs a plate, piles some food on the plate, and puts it in the microwave. He grabs a piece of paper and writes "FOOD IN HERE FOR YOU" and sticks it to the microwave.

About 45 to 50 minutes later both of them were full and agreed to go to the mall. They called an Uber and went to the mall. They walked around for a hour and then went to the park. After 3 hour of relaxing and going on the swings they started to head. They started to walk since it wasnt far from their house. They took their time and an hour had passed and they were in front of their house. But instead of going in they sat in their front yard and just waited for the sun to go away.