Chapter 27

Bruce Mikalson was getting ready for a long day of work, he rushed around his house unable to find his briefcase.

That day, he had attempted to look as sophisticated as possible for work, he wore a smug smile on his face, which he wouldn't wear too often on a work morning, so the whole house knew that he had to be up to something.

He chirpily whistled whilst running down the stairs and into the kitchen to fix himself some cereal.

Andy was sat in the kitchen on her phone texting Jace, but she quickly put her phone on the table when she saw him walking in.

She avoided his happy persona and stuffed her spoon full of cornflakes into her mouth.

Her father turned round to see the girl fully dressed in her uniform and her hair in a bun with two strands coming down from both sides of her ears.

"You look nice today," He complimented.

"Oh, thanks," She replied, once finishing her mouth full of food.

"How's your cereal?" He asked pouring a bowl of Rice Krispies and then milk into his own bowl.

Andy frowned suspiciously, "It's good."

"Great!" He replied, taking a seat by her on the breakfast table.

She side-eyed him, but concentrated on finishing her breakfast, the two didn't speak whilst they ate; Andy just dangled her legs back and forth, hearing him slurp down his food and gulp loudly after each spoon full.

Bruce took a glance at Andy's hand that rested on top of the table, her knuckles were a slightly dark shade of red. He ignored it for the time being and proceeded to chomp on his cereal, whilst looking back and forth at his watch.

"You gonna tell me what happened to your hand?" He asked, once finishing the last of his cereal.

She forgot that the mark was there and slid her hand onto her lap.

"Just standing up for myself at school."

He grabbed a napkin from the holder and wiped his mouth, "Well, standing up for yourself could get your mum and I in trouble, so can you take it down a notch."

The man sat his large hand on Andy's knee and begun to it slide upwards till he reached the top of her thigh.

"Stop," Andy breathed heavily with a spine-shivering shudder at the touch of his hand upon her body, "I have school in half an hour."

He raised both eyebrows, "How convenient, I have an important day at work today, in about half an hour as well," He smirked with a painful squeeze to her thigh.

"Dad–" She stood up quickly, with fear in her eyes, before hearing their doorbell ring.

Her father furrowed his eyebrows, wondering who could be at the door so early in the morning. He made his way to the door and behind him followed Andy, fixing her thick jet black tights where the man had touched her.

Bruce opened the door surprised to see Damon Hollow at his door, his perky attitude instantly and visibly replaced for an unhappy, guilty expression.

"Ah, Hollow, nice to see you, what exactly are you doing at my house?"

"I'm picking up Andy," He smiled genuinely at Andy then falsely at her Dad, "She must've forgotten to inform you."

Andy stood by the door a little confused, though her memory wasn't always the greatest she had no recollection of the man saying he'd take her to school.