THE FIRST

honestly!" remarked poor phoenix, "you're moving too?"

phoenix's slow, silent sobs took control over her lungs, jordan ashamedly nodding.

"i'm sorry, phoenie," jordan sighed, phoenix sobbing lightly at her nickname.

"it's okay," she whispered, "i'll see you when me and the boys are on tour."

he nodded, wrapping his arms around phoenix as she sat basking in her sadness.

jordan left, leaving phoenix to ponder why everyone who ever made her happy was deserting her in an ultimate sea of overpowering silence covered by sadness.

in a short amount of time, the menacing sound of knuckles marching upon a sorrowful door that jordan walked out of countless times sounded through the house, scaring phoenix out of her state of depression, eyes puffy and face red.

"oh, phoenix. come here, we heard what happened."

patrick and the boys wrapped their arms around phoenix, tears running down their own faces as they acknowledged how broken phoenix was.

"i'm gonna hurt jordan," grimaced pete, eyes narrowing as he stared intently at the wall.

"don't, pete. he had to go, amies sick."

their eyes widened but softened at the mention of amie. nobody has seen jordans mom in years, now here she is, sick and dying in lonely texas.

phoenix jolted upright, slapping her hand upon her head. "tour!" she cried. "oh my god, we leave tonight, right?!" she cried, desperately searching pete's eyes. he nodded, phoenix groaning and flopping back onto the couch.

"you're not packed," patrick's eyes narrowed. phoenix ashamedly nodded, throwing her face into a pillow. "we leave in two hours," grimaced joe. "mere's out in the car. i'll go get her, she can help you pack."

phoenix nodded at his suggestion, eyes widening in happiness. she sprinted to her friend, her hair brightly colored. they padded up the carpeted stairs to phoenix's room, smiling.

"i feel bad," signed patrick. the others nodded, frowns evident and eyes averted to the floor. "i don't think she's ready," pete started, "mentally."

the boys mumbled, "yeah," before pete added, "i mean, she had the songs down obviously. she's just," he started, eyes darting around, "she's gone through too much lately."

"i hate to ask," whispered patrick, "but do you think amie will make it until we get to texas?"

everyone's heads slowly looked to the floor. "i don't know," whispered andy. "what's wrong with her, does anyone know?"

"cancer," nodded joe. "phoenix mentioned it a while back."

"she's too young," said pete. "definitely. nobody deserves to be in this situation," responded andy.

phoenix wheeled her two suitcases across the floor, meredith carrying two gig bags. the boys nodded, smiling softly at phoenix's glossy eyes.

the six walked to the door, placing phoenix's items in the back of pete's car. "guess you're riding with me, phoen."

she nodded, sitting in the passenger seat, eyes wide and glossy in the early morning moonlight.

"i'm gonna miss you so much, mere," phoenix whispered.

meredith just smiled, a wide, knowing smile as phoenix gulped.

"oh trust me, you won't," she remarked, phoenix soon becoming anxious.

"i'm coming with you."

phoenix smiled, jumping onto meredith as she tackled her in a hug. meredith smiled and held her back, too happy that she made phoenix happy.